Hello lovely people!
| Update |
We have big plans for the coming months!
For March and April we are looking particularly for people with experience in construction work. We are gonna build a bar in our back house, outside furniture, new terrace etc… So handy hands are very welcome :)
We are also looking for people with gardening interests and skills, because there’s a lot of gardening and plant cultivation to be done.
Furthermore, we would like to organise regular yoga/movement (or other types of) classes during spring and summer season. So any teachers out there, you are very welcome :)
This doesn’t mean that cannot be of help if you don’t have any of the above-mentioned skills. We also need a hand running the hostel, doing the everyday tasks, like cleaning and cooking. So just send us :)
Who are we?
We are a team of 3 friends and our lovely animals. Each from different backgrounds – we include a social worker, a theatre artist and an academic researcher – we decided to change our previous lives in big European cities for a venture on the Georgian countryside. Georgia is a marvellous country south of the Caucasus mountain range and is getting more and more popular touristic destination. In autumn 2018 we bought ourselves a huge, old Georgian house with over 3000m2 of land full of fruits and nut trees. The house is amazing and you – just as we did – will fall in love with it immediately. We then renovated it with the help of a lot of friends and workaway volunteers and turned into a hostel. Our bohemian paradise is located in Samegrelo, a western region of Georgia, close to the city of Martvili. If you would ask anyone in Georgia about Martvili, you’ll hear stories of its beautiful canyons and plentiful waterfalls. You’ll hear stories of Megrelians, i.e. the people of Samegrelo, who speak their own language, have a rich cultural tradition and a distinct cuisine.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
As said before house is located in Samegrelo, a region in western Georgia with its very own language, and a distinct culture. Considering that we are one of the very few foreigners living in the region at the moment, you will get an pure taste of Georgian and Megrelian life.
– A greet time in the Samegrelo regions with its canyons, hot springs, waterfalls and many more
– An enriching experience in a vibrating hostel with many international guests
Since we are open the help description for our volunteers has changed quite a bit :)
– The daily routine consists of regular household chores such as changing bedsheets, wiping floors, being on reception etc.
– Besides this there are still some renovation tasks to be done, decorating, some small electricity stuff, repairing windows, installing a bathroom etc.
– We are further looking for people experienced in woodwork to help build furniture.
– People with experience and/or interest in gardening are also welcome! We are starting with cultivating our own fruits and vegetables, so any help here is always welcome
– Driving travellers around to the nice spots in the region
You will be helping in shifts – either morning or evening shift, or a garden/construction work shift.
Just to mention too that there’s quite a lot to be done and you shouldn’t be afraid of some physical tasks :)
– Board and lodging (you will be sleeping in our dormitory with shared bathroom)
– We cook according to shifts
– Samegrelo has a mostly subtropical climate, so expect warm summers with plentiful of exotic fruits like mandarins, kakhi and kiwis.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: