We are social enterprise unit, in a tiny local village in Chiangmai, Thailand ,living in the town of San Pa Tong, about an hour's journey southwest of the city of Chiang Mai. We are a quiet area, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our community/guest residence brings together local crafts and crafts people and international guests and volunteers. If you are looking for authentic Thai culture and a rejuvenating time in nature, San Pa Tong is a perfect place to be! We are situated among beautiful greenery and near to local organic farms, peaceful monasteries, and have close access to mountains and hiking.
This is Thai culture community provides a place of employment to numerous handicraft masters and indigenous Hill Tribe Karen people who help us around the village.
When you choose to come here you are supporting them, as well as a local community, a local charity, as well as you are helping to keep the handicrafts tradition alive.
If you are looking for authentic Thai culture and beautiful nature, this is the perfect place to be!
*** WE BELIEVE IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE ***
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
During your stay, We welcome everyone to come and join our community in this mountainous province in northern Thailand. In your free time you can participate in woodcarving, cooking, meditation, massages, visit an elephant camp, do yoga and experience MuayThai boxing and maybe even stay overnight in a local Temple and visit hill tribe people and spend your free there. These activities are self-directed.
- WOOD CRAVING : We are part of a community with a strong cultural background in traditional woodcarving. You will be able to learn a lot about it and see the daily routine of handicraft masters. With this project we hope to promote woodcarving support it and make sure the tradition doesn’t fade way.
- THAI BOXING : Workshop with MUAY THAI "the art of eight limbs" Learn the traditional Thai Martial Art with a famous master at a local gym
- THAI COOKING : Workshop with Thai Cooking .You’ll also be able to learn how to cook traditional Thai dishes and go to local markets nearby.
- BUDDHISM : this place gives you the opportunity to learn about Buddhism through conversations with monks or nuns and visiting local monasteries.
- BUFFALO MARKET : Thai experience for a Saturday morning. Buffalo Market is a highly unusual and thoroughly a true farmers market that started 60 years ago as a weekly gathering of growers and traders, now become one of the largest weekend markets in Northern Thailand.
- WATERFALL, TRACKING ,elephant care
- THAI MASSAGE
- LOCAL FOOD STREET
We welcome people from all backgrounds who would like to contribute to our community and the broader town: marketing online, online language lessons, art projects, social media, you may visit the interesting places in the provinces nearby us, also cleaning on area.
WE HAVE HOSTED OVER 700 VOLUNTEERS FROM MORE THAN 40 COUNTRIES 3-4 years before the covid-19.
We are in the process of developing our workaway platform and how we can best benefit our volunteers and community. Right now, our primary objective is developing programs to attract more business to our village and to market the many offerings in the area.
Due with the coronavirus, the trading change to do online more day by day that's make we have to change the way how to help the local people here too. If you have a background in social media, marketing online, social innovation and entrepreneurship and other business know-how, content marketing, etc.
Some help we currently require:
*Most importantly, It’d be great if you come with ideas to do videos for promoting goods of villagers and ideas to teaching and playing!
* WOULD YOU PLEASE... bring anything you can spare to help with teaching English or playing games; drawing and crafting materials, toys, games, music equipment, electronic devices, notepads, used laptop , exercise books, etc.
*We will renovate one of our building into .....A LIBRARY .....for local people especially for kids. So if you can bring books for children (3-15 yo.)..please do it. Thank you in advance.
We welcome volunteers who have a willingness to help out. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED but do let us know your skills.
1. WE NEED SOMEBODY WITH EXPERIENCE TO HELP US WITH ONLINE MARKETING. It’ll be great if you come with content ideas.
2. EASY ENGLISH conversation+ PLAY games with children 3 - 15 y.o. to adults on weekend and sometimes during the week.
3. We need a SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERT to help manage our facebook and instagram pages, update it with nice photos during your stay here and also to expand/good review our social media presence and personality on workaway page, TripAdvisor page.
***Also we need A PERSON with some knowledge in MARKETING to come up with good ideas to help promote ''COMMUNITY SOCIAL ENTERPRISE VILLAGE AS THE CULTURAL TOURISM VILLAGES''.
4. GARDENERS/PLANTERS or somebody with 'green fingers' to come help with our fruit farms / ORGANIC FARM!
5. MOST OF ALL, WE NEED PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE and fun. !!
Other daily activities usually involve a short general cleaning session in the morning / afternoon, cleaning restroom, sweeping and raking fallen leaves and cleaning the house area and also tidying up the area, and that's probably about it!
This host offers a language exchange
Any languages .
Our volunteer house can host 4-5 volunteers ( 2 people per room) between 3 rooms. The rooms have 2 bathrooms with showers. Volunteers will each receive a bed, bedding, fan and mosquito net, and share the room with other volunteers.
Foods will be provided 5-7 meals per week by occasion most of all when work off site but you have access to an equipped kitchen. Also, there is a local small market nearby where you can buy food every morning.
*** Please send these documents when you apply to us.
- copy of your passport’s photo page
- copy of your visa (if applicable)
(Ask email when messaging)
@@@@ Our MAIN GATE open between 6 am. - 6 pm. @@@@
How to get to us:
From Chiang Mai bus terminal/airport, take a red minibus to Chiang Mai Gate (ประตูเชียงใหม่). From there, look around for a yellow minibus head to the South to the San Pa Tong Police station. Be aware that the police station is opposite the gas station. (Please show this Thai text to the yellow bus driver before boarding “สถานีตำรวจสันป่าตอง.). Each bus ride cost 20-30 baht a person, and the total journey to the police station is about 40-60 minutes.
When you arrive at the police station, CALL US (sorry we can't post our number here, we'll let you know in our message) and we will send a motortaxi to come pick you up. This costs 40 baht a person. We have had volunteers hitchhiking to us from the police station, but it's about half an hour's walk, so we might not recommend if you're carrying heavy bags.
You can also hail or call a private taxi/grab taxi if you prefer. Price is about 300-400 baht and the travelling time is about 30 minutes from the airport.
PS: the buses around here don't have any fix routes or stops. Just let the driver know where you're going and see if he's going the same way!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️Motorbikes are not allowed, but we have bicycles for you to borrow while you are here
### NOTE :
Please make sure your schedule/plans before sending request. This is important for us to arrange everything with your coming. We expect serious volunteers only. ###
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
25 hour per week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: