Hostels provide accommodations to travelers from around the world creating a diverse community where positive social exchange and friendships develop. Our hostel in Anchorage is tailored to travelers exploring Alaska and it’s surrounding glaciers, mountains, and backcountry. This position is ideal for people who both love the outdoors and love meeting travelers from around the world. Walking distance to cafes, restaurants, and night life.
- Our hostel is only open between the months of May - September
- Our volunteers alternate shifts every 3 to 4 days (not ideal for couples who want to explore Alaska together on their time off)
- volunteer tasks include welcoming guests and helping with questions, cleaning of the hostel and getting dorm rooms ready.
Help in the house
Meet travelers from all over the world. Ideal for learning skills related to tourism, guiding, and interpersonal skills.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
- breakfast and accommodations included.
- comfortable socializing and greeting guests.
- desire to explore Alaska and share advice on local hikes, restaurants, and nightlife.
- Basic computer skills to register guests in person and over the phone.
- helping with general housekeeping; cleaning and preparing beds.
- at least a 2 week commitment required
Dorm room with 4 beds, It is a shared space - cozy and comfortable.
We are avid outdoor enthusiasts and spend our time hiking, paragliding, and rafting rivers. We are happy to show you around or take you with us on hikes. You will have time every week to explore different parts of Alaska. We are not a party hostel but we enjoy socializing with kind spirits who also love nature and a positive community atmosphere.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 40 hours a week