Due to the Covic 19 plandemic, time frames is based on when borders opens up and International travel start to get back to normal.
Due to the fact that the projects covers a wide spectrum from teaching skills, research and also cover a small agricultural section, it ties in with a commercial run business. A large percentage of new initiatives to uplift communities and individual entrepreneurs from poverty, fail in the very first year they launched. Many projects create false hope,as the projects continuously need financial support.
Over time a study was done and a decision was made to run with projects that need very little capital input to keep it afloat(excluding the start-up funding and implementation cost)
Plastic shopping bags is a worldwide pollution problem,yet totally ignored when it come to recycling. And the secret to all this lay in crochet work. Using plastic shopping bags as base material, anything from shopping bays, hats to decorations and even sleep rolls/mattresses can be produced from it. All one need is proper training, then a constant stream of used plastic shopping bags and a crochet hook. Even a crochet hook can be carved from a piece of wood.
The very first group of woman(ten in total) was trained in 2016 but due to a lack of funding, the project stalled. But the homework and research went on. With a ever expanding social media network, the funding possibilities become bigger and better. Some of the other projects is also on the table ,ready for launch and that include bio-gas and stone mason work. Both need material that is in abundance in Namibia. Thus already make them good candidates for further development and implementation.
For the short term, a solid foundation is needed where social media plays a important role. That in its own calls for marketing skills,specially in the social media environment.
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
This create the opportunity to work closely with Namibians. Due to the technical side of our projects, it is not always to promise a group activity with fellow Namibians. Specially on our research projects, same with the stone mason research.
Due to the fact that this project is run in conjunction with a commercial business, preference would be given to people who is career driven, have experience in the commercial sector and do have past work experience in the corporate industry. If you look for just a couple of days to stay during your world travel or country visit, THIS WILL NOT BE FOR YOU.For now, we need quite urgent help/assistance to get the various programs out on our social media pages, that include new visual material, create some new videos and also doing research as to how social media can be used as a separate fund raising platform.
A interesting project is in the making,around stone mason work, and if anybody from a stone mason background read this, please feel free to contact us. Also this might be of interest to post graduate civil Engineer or architect students or anybody trade related.(this is a long term project and we might have to arrange a official work visa also and we willing to carry the cost for the visa..
Preference will be given to persons who take a break in their career to travel and work away, those who are busy with post degree studies in the relevant fields. Just using our projects as a springboard for free accommodation and food in a general world travel is a big NO NO with us.
Last but least. All our projects runs under the guidance of a corporate business. Thus, our workday starts at O7HOO in the morning with meetings, where the work/mission for the day is planned and your work schedule and also free time is planned into the schedule for that specific day/days/week.
It is extremely frustrating to work with staff and visitors/interns that is not punctual and work focused.
Due to the fact that all our projects is sponsored by a "Mother company" and thus the project managers need to make things work within a specific budget, The following criteria will be used to choose who is best suitable to invite to work and help on the projects.
1. Specific skills with at least 3 years work experience.(ex: Stone mason, Project management, IT skills etc.
2. Degree or post education studies in various fields, like alternative energy, waste management, project management.
3. Work experience in other fields(at least 3 years in a Corporate or Entrepreneurs field.)
4. In isolated cases preference might be given to a person who really want to make a career out of any one of the various fields of work that is on offer,but this will come with strict requirements from the potential work-awayer.
5. Around accommodation and travel there is minor issues that need to be cleared also. Full respect to each person chosen lifestyle,however, due to the fact that it is a remote and small town fresh produce is a problem and thus for specially Vegetarians and people with specific medical conditions like allergy to dust, is a huge problem.
Before any final decision is made, this 4 points will be discussed via email and prefered SKYPE VIDEO chat before any final decision on hosting will be done.
In the end,all boils down to mutual respect for each other.
Share a house, with own room, but share bathroom, rest of house.Transport is available.
Two doggies and they are house trained. Mention this for people that be allergic to animal hair/dust.
1. For now the need is to upgrade some IT systems and work on the social media marketing plan for the future(This include some translation work,inclusive of English to Mandarine
2. Developing crochet patterns.(Plastic recycling project)
3. Luderitzbucht is rich in history and quiet beaches.
4. Free access to internet
5. Free transport in and around the area is available.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
max 5 hours, 5 days a week