Favourited 684 times
My name is Kerstin. I currently live with my daughter Mina (18) and my son Darius (19) in Spain in Mallorca. But we are on our way back to Germany, so we need a lot of help from several people:
1. Until August we need help on Mallorca: taking care of the animals, gardening, cleaning house or reparation, painting, ... In general there will be always somebody with you on the finca.
2. We start to move to Germany step by step in April. The horses will go to Germany in the middle of April.
We are looking for someone who wants to be with the horses on Mallorca till middle of April and will go then to Germany and look after them there. The journey to Germany will be paid by us. I will travel between Mallorca and Germany, so I need someone who is comfortable looking after the horses by themselves and are 100% reliable.
3. In the new house there is a lot of work. Apart from the animals I need someone who helps us with building the fences, painting, construction . The place the horses will stay at in Germany isn't finished yet and I need someone who can prepare the area for them by putting up fences, stable etc.
But do not worry, the house is already nice and we will not leave you without food.
People who are interested in a longer stay are welcome. There you will get the possibility to improve your German.
In Mallorca we live in a very peaceful area on the country side. It is very nice and warm here with a lot of beautiful beaches but also wonderful views on the mountains.
We saved several animals like horses, dogs, chicken and a cat. On our terrain there are a variety of fruit and olive trees, vegetables and herbs.
We eat a lot of vegetables, my daughter is partly vegan, so it would not be a problem if you are too. If you’re not vegetarian though, you would still have to be okay with eating very little meat.
I am trying to manage all the work by myself whilst my children are in college or studying. I would need some help with the general work at home and in the garden. Most of the animals which we own, especially the horses, have suffered in their past and we try to give them all the attention and care they deserve. However, this takes a lot of time and we would be very grateful if we find help. Anyone who loves animals as much as we do is welcome.
If you enjoy the peace on the countryside, are an animal lover and like the work on a farm, we would be delighted to welcome you!
In exchange we would share our language knowledge with you. Its a unique way of learning or improving so many languages.
You would also learn a lot about animals (also taking care of sick animals) and farm life (growing crops, gardening, etc.)
In Germany our new house is in Petershagen, a small village also on the countryside. It takes 10 minutes with the train to Minden, a lovely nice town, 50 min to Hannover. Also the Steinhuder sea is nearby.
Other help needed as well! My daughter visits an English school/ she does A-Levels in Maths, Biology and Chemistry . We are looking for someone ASAP who can tutor her. (Ignore the calendar- we need a tutor all year round)- this is not a requirement for the ones who come for helping with the farm and animals.
People who smoke, drink or take drugs are not welcome.
As well as it is essential that you're not afraid of (large farm) animals and hard work (yes, the work is going to be hard! Nothing for city people who are scared of getting their hands dirty). But for us and hopefully you too, it is a reward itself, just seeing how the animals appreciate everything you do for them.
Please note that we generally host people who apply for the animal work for at least two month because it takes time for the animals to get used to you and for you to get to know the Routine.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
We are very international. I am a native German teacher and we speak German at home. However we live in Mallorca and you will be able to experience the Spanish culture also through our native Spanish friends. The children go to an english school, so they speak it fluently. We live in a multicultural way and are very open to share our language knowledge with you.
We have a variety of fruit trees, plant a couple of vegetables and have wildgrowing herbs.
You would also learn other skills needed on the countryside like taking care of the animals.
People who are willing to learn a self sufficient lifestyles are more than welcome.
We also generate our own electricity using solar and wind energy.
Really importantly we need you to be able to:
- Take care of our animals (Farm Animals -horses, chicken, big dogs, etc. ). This will take up a lot of time. So you must enjoy the animals’ company. It should be a reward itself to see how the animals appreciate everything you do for them. You’re out of place if you consider being with animals as work and are counting the hours you spend with them. But if you’re an animal lover like us, and enjoy to give them the love they didn’t get before they came to us, you’re exactly right here!
- Cooking (preferably vegan/ vegetarian/plant based/ healthy), we don't need a master chef- It is alright if you know how to cook some basic things like pasta and vegetables.
- Help me with the housework
It would also be nice if you:
- Are able to do some other tasks on the farm. There is always something to do here.
- Other abilities are welcome, we cherish every person who helps with different tasks and so adds in their own way to make our home even more special than it already is.
Also, do not hesitate to contact us if you do not fulfill all the basic skillls requirements. If you’re talented at a specific area, we may invite you as a second workawayer (for example we had a woman who just helped around the house preparing amazing meals and helping out with the housework or a girl who spent a lot of time tutoring my daughter - Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
Help with renovation/ construction is also needed
German, English, Spanish
We live in on a small farm nearby the mountains and the beach. We have a guest room where you wil be sleeping. You would be joining us for for every meal, just like any other part of the family. You will be surrounded by animals wherever you go ;)
On our farm there's plenty of work and we expect you to help out. There will be no counting hours or something like that. Since the main job is to take care of the animals, the work will be spread throughout the whole day (you can’t work 5 hours and then go out). But you will also have some free time to discover Mallorca which is a very popular tourist destination or Petershagen which is a lovely calm village with a wonderful landscape and the Steinhuder sea is not too far away.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: