Hello! My name is Kwan. I left my job in 2011 to became a farmer in order to pursued answers for my life long questions - why do farmers are so poor and does natural farming really work.
I began all this by taking over a 12 acres orchard farm since 2011 and converted it to a certified organic one. However, to make it become a real agro-ecology farm, there are still a lot to do. This is not only about stop using pesticide and chemical fertilizer, but also changing the way we live our lives. We have an ambition to make it as eco-friendly as possible and, hopefully; it will become a learning center for people who want to live a sustainable/self reliance life.
DIY and building projects
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Natural farming/ecological farming:
- Workawayers will learn how to farm in a natural way.
- Participants will see by themselves whether natural farming is the solution to the present day agriculture or not.
- Participants will be able to apply the farming practice to their own project.
Authentic cultural experience:
- By living/working in a farm that is operated by the local people in a non-touristic area, workawayers will exposed themselves to a genuine local experience.
- There are not many hosts on the east of Thailand that open their houses for volunteers. So, your experience will be unique.
- We are taking our volunteers to places in the province one a week. Although our location is not located in a touristic area, there are plenty of beautiful sites in the province to visit such as waterfall, mountain and beaches.
- Planting a food forest
- Weeding, mulching and pruning
- Planting a kitchen garden
- Making compost
- Building furniture for the house
We will provide a room with bunk bed. One room can host 2 volunteers. So, pleased expected that you might have to share a room with another volunteer. There are modern toilet and shower rooms in a house. However, there is no hot shower provided.
Food will be provided 3 meal a day. We are not vegans, but we can feed vegans!
There is no Wifi provided in the house. However, there is a mobile coverage in the area; therefore, volunteer can go online via personal internet sim card.
It doesn't matter if you have an previous experience in a farm. We are interested in what you are willing to do more than where you have been or what you have done.
We are more than happy to answer questions from people who have genuine interests in our project. To show that you are truly interested to join us and have fully read our profile, please put the phase "No WiFi Provided" in your first sentence when writing an email to us.
I am an active silent listener. If you need to listen to loud musics for long period of time, a headphone is strongly advise.
We also take our volunteers to visit local sites at least once a week. Those places could be waterfall, beaches, local market and etc, which depends mainly on the weather.
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: