Favourited 257 times
- I welcome helpers who are willing to rake up leaves, pick up sticks and then make piles with them. The raking up is under some beautiful shady trees..., helpers can put buds or in or use a bluetooth speakers. It's 2 hours of easy work in the morning ! It's called fuel reduction or bushfire mitigation.
Apart from that..., almost everything is negotiable.
- If you're interested in visiting here and helping out.., please send me a message. Western Australia's borders are now open.., so it's now much easier to come and help here..., passing travellers will be most welcome. If you're looking for somewhere special to stay and have an authentic Aussie bush experience(with flushing toilet and hot /cold rainwater showers etc etc - come and check us out !
- Summer is here and progress here in the Veggie gardens and orchard is going well. All the gardens and orchards need is some occasional weeding and watering every second day.
- I'm a mature guy(64) living mostly alone(lots of interesting people come and stay at this time of year, on this beautiful and quiet coastal farm. I prefer independent, creative, authentic people to find their way to this place..., preferably with some interest and/experience in Permaculture, organic growing and sustainability.
- Often times when people come and help out here..., I can help them find work in the local area..
This farm is located on the South West corner of Australia where I grow most of my own fruit and vegetable needs..., occasionally I go fishing (for protein). Beside this land is a tall forest National Park with many biking and walking trails..., and from here you can walk to the beautiful long, white sandy beaches of Hamelin Bay. The weather here is always mild..., we never receive 'extreme weather events' that the East Coast of Australia receives ! This land is blessed with a 'winter' stream flowing through the middle..., and for 6 months of the year, there is a small lake with Canadian canoe. It's heaven here for kangaroos, emus, possums, eagles, parrots, turtles etc etc and many other native animals..., all roaming and flying freely and safely. There bare also 6 bee hives located around the property..., these bees have particularly docile DNA.
I've built my home here with local stone and sustainably sourced timber, plus some hard wood I've milled from this land. I have grid connected solar power(a hybrid system), solar hot water system..., 2 satellite dishes provide me with internet and TV coverage. There's a large evolving organic vegetable garden plus 35 fruit/nut trees. During Summer many different people come to stay here on different parts of this land...., friends, family and random travellers, walking groups..., I really enjoy meeting people from all over the world..., as I am also a traveller...., pretty much all positive happy people are welcome here.
(1) It's much better if you have your own vehicle to visit here, so you can get around more easily.
(2) Sometimes..., I can help out with herbs and fruit and vegetables from the garden.
(3) I usually ask for 2 to 3 hours help for every night you stay here(6 days a week)..., in exchange for somewhere to stay, access to clean toilets and hot rainwater shower..., there's plenty of places available to make a nice camp if you prefer to stay in your camper van or similar ?
(4) You will need to speak and understand English well - we all need to understand each other..., it's all about your safety while you stay and help here ;-)
(5) If you're vegan or vegetarian..., you'll have to prepare your own food.
(6) We will need to have a conversation before you can arrive here...., send me a message first
(7) I welcome hearing from the mature travellers out there..., who have skills, experience and humour to share.
Play Time..., It's not all work here.., relaxing and playtime is important. Visitors and helpers are always welcome to join me if I travel somewhere 'off the property'. This can be any one of a number of things - 4WD trips to remote coastal areas, trips into town or visiting local friends. In this area you can play in, on, under or by the ocean..., there's surfing(I can teach you !), fishing/diving, beach walking, making sandcastles...., paddling a SUP..., simply exploring the coastline or forest ! I love beachcombing - looking for inspiration and driftwood(in my spare time I make things using driftwood, metal and recycled aged timber).
I like to cook, share food and recipes with visitor/helpers. I would like to learn some 'raw' food or vegan methods..., can anyone help me with that ? It's possible to really get out in the bush here(it's just outside my door ;-)). There's walking or riding mountain bikes in the forests(lots of trails)...., practice yoga on the outdoor platform...., chill out..., reading(or snoozing) in a swaying hammock..., under the peppermint trees...., now that's what I call 'dynamic meditation' ;-)
My mantra is - "you're never too old to play like a child" ..., make of that what you will.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
I can share whatever I know of permaculture, organic gardening, sustainable living, natural building etc etc..., also have some knowledge of fishing, diving, surfing, working with timber and metal, sustainable construction, off road driving, survival and remote area camping...., and blah blah more. I would be good if helpers visiting here bring their own set of skills and knowledge to share. I welcome people with open hearts, minds, humour and good energy....., people who value protecting and enhancing the land we live on..., and the animals we share the land with.
I welcome enquiries from people interested in...., sustainable living systems, organic food growing, permaculture, creating things.., etc etc
If you think you would like to stay and help out here..., and have any questions ?...., please send me a message.
- I have a dream of building a small cabin(10mx6m), with whatever local and salvaged materials I can find - 2nd hand doors & windows, timber, stone, mud, straw bale, coloured metal roofing. I have much stored and stacked here already. I'm dreaming it will be a solar powered, rain water fed, wood heated and with a generous verandah. People with alternative building skills and/or experience, ideas, creative energies etc..., please make contact.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
Mainly shaded camp sites around this property..., although there is a self contained caravan(trailer home)...., both have good access to toilets and rain water showers.
This farm is just 6 km from Hamelin Bay, 18 km north from Augusta, 30 km south from Margaret River and 14 km west of the Blackwood River. It has a stream flowing through the middle..., there are many private clearings where travellers can make a camp(I can provide some camping equipment). We are located right beside a tall forest National Park and from here it's possible to take a walk through the forest to some special white sand beaches. I've hosted helpers here for more than 15 years now via other sites and now Workaway.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Plenty of space....,
Well managed dogs are ok here...,
2 hours x 6 days (max 12 hours/week-with food provided)