We are a Tico-American family from the Coyote area, on the southern Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica. We are ‘alternative’ home schooling our two daughters and are looking for a teacher for next term. FAMILIES WELCOME! We offer a unique opportunity to live in paradise, experience local culture, and gain work experience.
We live in a very unique area of Costa Rica with gorgeous coastlines, forested mountains, Guanacaste cowboy culture and very little development. Our local communities work together in hopes of improving the area through education, with different projects in environmental awareness, art, kids' groups, etc... There are opportunities for teacher(s) to be involved in local community development. 'Pueblos' in the area often host soccer games, 'fiestas' to benefit the local schools, horse parades and fishing tournaments which are all excellent opportunities to immerse yourself in local culture.
• Lead homeschooling program for two girls, ages 6 & 8
• Education of whole child – social, emotional, academic
• 24 hours/week, Monday through Thursday
• Primary lessons in English, with Spanish literacy supplementation
• Experience in lead teaching, minimum 1 year
• Fluent in English and Spanish
Teacher(s) will reside in private 3 BR beachfront house, on beautiful Costa de Oro, Coyote. Accommodations and all services are provided, free of charge. House has 10 mega WiFi. Classes will be held in first floor room and outdoor rancho on property.
• Rural Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- Beautiful, secluded beaches
• Seasonal dry, tropical forest
- House and classroom located on Playa Costa de Oro, Coyote.
• Basic services are ~ 15 minutes away
• ATM, bank, fuel, post office, larger stores are ~ 1 hour away
• Couple preferred for remote location; with both people teaching part-
time or one person full-time
• Families welcome!!!
• Preferred minimum 6 month commitment, January 2019- June 2019 (flexible)
We live in paradise! Gorgeous beaches, surfing, fishing, water sports are all available in the local area. Sea turtle conservation programs happen from June- December. There are more touristy beaches close by that are easily accessible in dry season (December-May) for day trips and weekend excursions. We will provide an ATV or motorcycle for local transport. Any additional vehicle will be responsibility of teacher(s). There are busses and rental cars available close by for longer trips. Our area is perfect for someone who wants to connect with nature and experience local culture.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
6 hours a day, 4 days a week