Last year we were volunteers for 6 months in the United States! This was an amazing experience, we met beautiful people, we had great moments and also we felt part of the family, that was the best! Now we want to invite you to be part of our family, we are so quiet, friendly and polite, we like to spend time meeting a new people, walking around, riding bikes and cooking.
Something about us:
We are Johanna (me), Alex and our dog Dulce! we live in Bogota in a small apartment but it has enough room for a workaway! I'm a graphic designer, I love animals, especially dogs, I like art, go to the museum, I enjoy reading and practice photography.
Alex is a Mechanical Engineer, he loves to ride a bike, cooking, and dancing. He is the chef in the house (that is good for me)! He is so polite, has a good sense of humor and has a big heart.
Dulce is the sweetest dog in the world, she is 4 years old, she is playful, affectionate, she likes to run in the park, play with her ball and dolls, she is noble and very calm.
It's a huge city which has many things to do, museums, parks, bars and lots of parties. Our house is located in a typical neighborhood, with stores, small parks, shopping centers. We live 1 hour from the city center, easy access to public transport, buses, taxis, etc. In our neighborhood, you will find supermarkets, pubs, parks and we are near the mall.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Travelers can learn about Colombian culture, learn Spanish, Colombian recipes and if you want some classes to dance Salsa, make friends and have a great time together.
We need to help practice English! That is the most important work in our house, we are looking for someone who has a lot of patience and attitude to teach us, we have an intermedia level.
- Just Breakfast is included - Fruits, Juice, Chocolate, Eggs, bread, depend on the day, every day is different but it is a typical Colombia breakfast.
- If you wish to cook you can use the kitchen and clean it when you finish.
- Keep organize and clean your room and the bathroom. (You will have your private bathroom)
- We don't smoke, so we wish you don't smoke at home
- If you are going to the party and you are going back home late, the time of arrival at home is until 11:00 pm
- We have a dog, so we would like that our voluntary loves the dogs too.
- We need to practice English, we would like to practice speaking and writing if you have a good methodology it will be nice! We can practice 3 hours during the day, 5 days in the week depend on our schedule.
- In your free time, you can go downtown, visit museums, parks, here there are a lot of activities, Bogotá is an interesting place with new alternatives every day, also we like to spend time with new people!
The private room, bathroom, kitchen and living room is shared. You can make use of the kitchen, internet and other spaces of the house.
Travelers in their free time can visit different museums, parks and places around Bogota. We have in the city alternatives of mobility by bicycle, besides many cafes and cultural sites.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
3 hours a day