Hello! We are a family of 4 located on the north-west coast of Norway. Not too far from the Geiranger fjord, Trollroad (Trollstigen) and very close to the Atlantic road. Come stay with us and enjoy our area while helping us get our day to day tasks done in our house and on our farm.
We have a farm with 150 winter feed sheep, lots of sheds, buildings and farm land. And an apartment about 5 min drive from the farm.
We can offer you a stay where you have easy access to the outdoor magic of this region. There are unlimited possibilities for hiking. Both up on mountains and through valleys. We own some land here and you're welcome to fish trout there when you stay with us.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Staying with us means that you get the chance to explore this area as a local. You'll see how life is on a sheep farm in Norway and you can learn as much as you want about sheep farming.
We are used to having people of other nationalities and cultures visit and staying with us. Also we enjoy sharing about our culture and answer questions you have. Also the more fundamental ones, not just the touristy joyful ones. Both of us has grown up in families that have hosted several exchange students from all over the world.
Staying at our farm you will get a unique chance to go hiking, fishing and exploring the area.
With two small kids, a farm and both of us working on the side our most pressing tasks are help with running our day-to-day life as smooth and stress free as possible.
Day-to-day tasks we need help with is:
- preparing, organizing and cleaning up after meals
- baking sour dough bread enough to provide for the whole household
- preparing healthy meals from scratch, including making bone broth
- weekly cleaning of common areas in house and the office area/toilet in our barn
- during the winter we need help with feeding our sheep. This happens twice a day. In the morning and in the evening
You need to have some interest in cooking food from scratch. We will teach you how to make sour dough bread, how to make bone broth and other things you aren't already familiar with.
When it comes to helping out in the barn we will teach you what you need to do. This is heavy work with loading and carrying of fermented gras. So you would need to be a bit fit and able to move around well. (If you are not fit when you start, you will be after a week ;) ).
Projects coming up:
- painting rooms. We have some rooms in our house and in the barn that we want to paint
- create a walking labyrinth by our cabin. This will be made of stones with a grass path to walk in between lines of stones
- building a new cabin. This project is on wait for the right person(s) to help us. We're creating a space for ourself and also for having yoga classes. This is a small cabin, without electricity and no running water. It is in a magical space just by a small river. If you're curious let us know <3
- creating a kitchen garden at the farm. Summer of 2021 we want to have more food grown from our own garden. If you have knowledge and interest in how to do this we would love to get more help with this project.
If you are interested in one of these projects let us know.
You will stay at the farm in your own room. In this room you have a double bed and a closet where you can put your things. If you want you can also stay out in the forest by our farm or in a hammock on our outside terrace (with roof so, you're protected from rain and wind). Our farm is 3 km from nearest bus stop and we can lend you a bike to move around. It is about 15 km to Molde which is the closest city.
Dinner is the most important meal in our family and we do our best to eat it together. When you stay with us you will count as part of our family. This means you too join in and share how your day has been.
There are so many great destinations in this area. Both really close by perfect for a evening trip and further away making it a day trip. Check out Trollkyrkja, Skoften, Gjendemstoppen, Galten, Atlanterhavsveien or Varden.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Digital nomads welcome! I run my own online business where I support women on their journey through pregnancy, birth and motherhood. This work happens from my apartment where I have high speed internet access.
There's room for parking at our farm.
More than two
About 4-5 hours a day per person, 5 days a week