thank you for your Interest in volunteering with us. As the whole world stands still and waiting for the corona crisis to pass aslo Myanmar is currently in the lock down. It is not sure when the government permit to open the schools again. It may be July or August. For that reason we can not accept any volunteers or confirm you a place in the coming weeks at the moment. Please keep on checking our updates in the project information. As soon we are sure about the opening date we will set the status on green for the coming month. Hope to see you soon.
The Foundation is a German NGO with the aim of improving living conditions for underprivileged and orphaned children in Myanmar.
The School project started in January 2018. Within the first year, a self-sufficient complex
for more than 200 children was built on 10 hectare of land within a Buddhist monastery. Thanks
to the help of international volunteers as well as local people and donors, the School strives
for sustainability in all aspects and operates using only local resources. This way, it ensures the
long-term success of this eco-project. The School is a pilot project and aims to be a role model for development projects in the fields of education, health and ecology.
Education & Health
The School introduces a new development concept based on modern
educational pedagogy. Starting with a Waldorf Kindergarten, the School also offers computer and English classes. The development concept is based on working with arts and music
to enhance the children’s creativity. Working with handicraft and doing eco farming
allow the children to gain a better understanding of their environment and develop
skills that help them beyond school.
The School also teaches the children about hygiene and nutrition and has set up a
clinic to ensure the physical well-being of the children. Yoga and mindfulness classes
complete the health program at the School and not only contributes to the general
health of the children, but even more to their happiness and joy of living.
The nature-bound, holistic approach at the School is also reflected to the living
Facilities. They are built with only local resources like clay and bamboo and are based on
traditional building methods. In the eco-farm, children learn to respect their
environment and understand how to live a sustainable life in harmony with nature.
This is education for the head, the heard and the hands.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
• You become part of a international community of volunteers and NGO Workers. Living in a Eco Building and carry out humanitarian work in a nature bound, holistic project is accompanied by great satisfaction and joy :-)
• Many of our volunteers report that the time spend in our schools was a live changing experience for them. You get to know the kind hearted and generous people of Myanmar. The Kids and teachers are very happy to work together with the foreign volunteers. You can learn a lot of new skills like organic farming or how to build a eco house. Teaching english, PC, Art or learn playful teaching methods in our Waldorf Kindergarten is truly fulfilling and not at least a lot of FUN :-)
We teach 8 Subjects in the school. According to your interest and skills you will work together with our local teachers in one or more of this classes. Bedside teaching the children there are also other task like eco farming building etc.
Fields of Work :
1. Teaching English: Practically everyone at school wants to learn English. You probably will not teach such motivated and grateful students anywhere else in the world! In accordance with your abilities, you can teach English to whole classes, (pupils and teachers), or teach individuals and small groups. If you do not have a lot of teaching experience, the teachers and children are grateful if they can practice English with you. Offer people the opportunity to teach them (as they are often too shy to ask directly).
- One focus in the classroom is the clean pronunciation. Many Burmese have a very strong accent. That is why the "English conversation classes" are the focus. This goes from the "hello my name is ..." to an excited discussion about peace policy. Depending on your English skills and your audience.
2. Computer courses: We offer beginning and advanced technology courses. Most of the students have to be slowly introduced to the subject matter. (e.g. what a mouse is, how to open a file, etc.). Eventually, the main focus will be the usage of Office Programmes, processing applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, Google applications, Photoshop, Video Cutting etc.).
3. Civil education: Is a pretty wide subject! it's a mix of ethics, politics and live skill teaching. We teach about bodily hygiene, plastic pollution as well as human rights and tolerance in society.
4. Art Class: If you are a creative person who likes to draw, paint and try out new art installations you probably want to join the art class. The aim is not only to enhance the children's creativity but to teach them live skills. Waving a carpet or creating lamps from bamboo are taught in the same way than hip hop dance and theater.
5. Handy Craft: In the School we have a practical approach to live. If you want to live in a house - build one. If you want to sit on a table - construct it yourself. The same applies for other furniture or cups, plates etc. We produce everything we need with our own hands from local materials (mostly bamboo). This way the children build their own natural environment and they can understand what it means to live a holistic and sustainable live.
6. Organic farming Class: If you like to be in the field and work with plants, you will be in good hands in our Eco Farming Team. The same holistic approach is applied to food. In order to eat healthy food we need to grow and harvest it our self. The Children receive theoretical as well as practical teaching in Eco farming in order to live a live in harmony with nature.
7. Sport Class: it not only to keep fit but also to train social skills and form a school identity. We have our own Football and beach volleyball feeld. Beside team sport we teach also athletics and yoga to the kids. If you are a active person who like to play in the team you might like to join our sport class.
8. Waldorf Kindergarten: Do you like working with small children? Then you are more than welcome in our Kindergarten! You can paint, craft, sing, tell stories and do much more with the kids. The nature-bound Waldorf philosophy is at the centre of our work. Over the years, we will increasingly apply the new teaching techniques into higher-level classes. If you have already gained experience in Waldorf schools or others with the same curriculum, you can be a huge help!
9. Natural building: Sins January 2018 we have constructing 8 new Eco houses and several pavillons made out of natural building material like clay and bamboo. If you have fun working in nature and would like to learn how to create artful buildings from simple natural materials, then you belong on the nature building team. The children, teachers, villagers and volunteers working all together and help as best they can. In this way, the construction of school buildings, is not only necessary work, but also active learning in the ‘Nature Building Workshop.’
10. First-Aid: If you have medical knowledge or just love to take care of children, you can help out in our Clinic room. Many children have skin problems as well as other minor and major ailments. You can also assist in organizing the pharmacy or carry out training courses (hygiene, body care, etc.). We have a small clinic where we treat the children.
11. Restaurant: We have set up a small organic restaurant to create some local income for the school. It also serves as Information center for the project. Individual tourists and groups regularly visit the school. In the restaurant is your job to help cooking and serving as well as informing the visitors about the school activities.
12. Own projects: Are you a musician and would like to offer a drumming course or do you have experience in filmmaking? Whatever it may be, if it fits into our concept, we can achieve it together. We always look forward to new ideas and interesting projects for the kids. The prerequisite here is that you can work independently and that the project is financially and organizationally feasible. Write down your ideas and send us your suggestion. We can then discuss whether and how we can put the project into practice.
Your accommodation is simple but clean and tidy. According to availability you will stay in a double room or a dormitory with max 6 people. In this way, you will get the real and authentic everyday life experience at a monastery school.
We offer 3 meals a day. Fresh fruit and vegetables from our own eco farm. You have to try our organic bananas and papayas hhmmmm :-)
• On Sunday the volunteers usually do a Group excursion to the Lake, the local caves or hiking in the mountains surrounding our monastery.
• In the daily meditation group sessions you will learn about mindfulness and some basics about burmese culture and Buddhism.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: