Bomarzo is a centre of culture and tourism located in a picturesque Jericó, Antioquia, just 3 hours from Medellín. Jericó is a laid-back historical town surrounded by mountains, coffee farms, orange trees, fresh air and friendly Paisa residents and farmers. You can discover our colorful and historical mid 1800's architecture, nature walks, hikes, coffee tours, museums, music, artisan shops and workshops.
Bomarzo is a magical place; artists' residence, gallery space, music venue, and a great place for friends and families to come together for lunch or coffee.
Please try to contact host in Spanish.
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
You will become part of an exciting artistic venue, learn about art and discover our beautiful heritage pueblo and its surroundings. We enjoy conversations, and helping travelers practice and enhance their Spanish language learning too.
We are looking for volunteers with different skills. Please see below and let us know if your skills match:
1. Art Enthusiasts - We invite those who have experience with social media, marketing, promotion and content creation who can help promote art created at Bomarzo. We are looking for community managers who can help us contact cultural centres abroad, especially in London, Paris, Berlin and the USA.
2. Musicians - Music lovers of all genres are welcome. We need someone who can play music instruments or sings beautifully to take part in our busy event nights.
3. Yoga/Reiki instructors - We would like to have qualified instructors to join us and give classes.
4. Cleaner - We need someone who can help with house cleaning.
5. English Teacher - We seek someone to give English classes or to take part in conversation exchange.
Each volunteer will enjoy a private double bedroom with shared bathroom.
We offer free coffee from Colombia.
Volunteers are welcome to cook their meals in a shared kitchen.
We offer a Delicious Colombian coffee.
We also have a kitchen for volunteers to cook their meals.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week