Favourited 506 times
We are a small farm within the City of Vancouver that works towards growing quality food following agroecological principles; to provide sustainable farm and food education through empowering people of all ages with traditional skills and knowledge; and to protect and preserve the Agriculture Land Reserve (ALR) within BC by advocating for and supporting other local farmers and food producers. We are on a 2 acre farm that has horses, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, and bees - an orchard, and two large gardens to grow food. We host a non-profit therapeutic riding program, horseback riding school, and an educational, working farm.
- learn about life on the last working farm in Vancouver
- share and exchange language, food, music and culture with people from all over the world
- be a part of an inclusive community where everyone is seen as capable, strong, and skilled individuals
- live in an equestrian community inside of the city where you typically pass by more horses on the street than cars!
- become part of the farm community, from daily coffee time to potlucks and bonfires
- animal care/husbandry
- growing food, gardening, weeding, and harvesting
- help to maintain the property and living quarters
- being a farm representative, engaging with clients and the general public
- being a part of an inclusive environment: fostering respect and welcoming diversity
- building, carpentry, repair and maintenance of facilities
- having a 'can-do' attitude for many tasks that can come up on a day-to-day basis; every day is different!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️HORSE EXPERIENCE AN ASSET*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
English and more! - people from all over the world you can communicate with - everyday is different!
Small, private room with shared bathrooms and kitchen. Or in a trailer.
- 30 minutes by bus, and 15 minutes by car to Downtown Vancouver
- close bike or bus ride to University of British Columbia
- 800m walk to the Fraser River and trails
- public transit access to the North Shore mountains, hiking and ski resorts
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two