My name is Hai, a 37 years old married man with a 9 years old daughter and a 6 years old son. I am very friendly and easy going. We are living in an apartment in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. I am currently working as an university assistant professor in Hanoi.
I have used to study in Japan for couple of years and understood how important English language is and I have also worked hard with learning English for my work. Thus, for me, English is the key to open the future success! At the same time, my kids love learning English very much, but it is not easy to find a good environment for them to practice English in my country. Thus, I and my wife decided to open this volunteering English class (Non-Profit) for my kids and their friends to which they can have a good opportunity to speak English naturally as a native speaker, taking a first important step to their successful future! We are thoroughly happy with this project as we can spend more time with my kids and help others within our efforts.
For that purpose, it is really happy for us if you, the native or fluent English speakers, can come and help our kids to practice English.
Volunteers will be provided with free accommodation and each couple will receive 1,000,000 VND a week for food. And after spending at least 1 month with us, we will support for free transportation and hotel for the tour weekend to Sapa, Ha Long Bay or another North Vietnam province and many other beautiful places in Vietnam!
If Volunteers can commit to 3 months or more then I will pay for you to go to Da Nang, or another Province in the South of Vietnam, and we also pay for the Visa fee!
Thank you very much!
Babysitting and creative play
Giving your time with us mean that you will have great opportunities to:
- encourage Vietnamese children to open their vision for better future
- exchange culture and traditional values
- learning Vietnamese language and values
- enjoy delicious foods ( for example: Bun Cha and Nem Cuon are the famous Vietnamese foods that President Obama chose when visiting Hanoi in 2016)
- visit beautiful places in Hanoi city and other nearby famous destinations such as : Sapa, Halong Bay, Trang An Bai Dinh...
I am looking for 02 native English speakers to come and help me to teach and practice English for my kids and their friends.
Teaching details: (02 workawayers will share the following schedule):
In June & July, you will be teaching (for both 2 workawayers):
1. Teaching Monday to Friday
2. Morning - 9:00 am to 11:00 am
3. Afternoon - 2:30pm to 4:30pm
After June & July, you will be teaching (for both 2 workawayers)
1. Monday to Friday
2. Evenings: 2 classes with 1 hour and 30 minutes/ a class, Monday to Friday
4. A maximum of 20 hours a week/ a workawayer, 2 days off/ a week. But usually, a workawayer will only work around 13-15 hours/ a week.
5. 4 weeks minimum length of stay would be required. Couple accounts are preferred. English teaching experience and/or qualified certificates (TEFL,...) would be preferred.
6. The students' age: 4-9 years old
7. Lesson plan and study materials are provided. Workawayers decide the program based on the plan flexibly for classes (e.g., the teaching method, topics, games...). Host does not do any intervention of program decided by workawayers and feel free to support workawayers in classes if needed whenever.
8. Volunteering Workawayers are required with friendly and positive communication with Kids
- Free accommodations with: a private bedroom with an air conditioner, a fan, pillow, blanket and mattress; a nice kitchen, wash rooms... The apartment is separate to the host family's apartment, so you will have your own private space. My family live in the same building, so I am close by should you need anything.
- Free fast WIFI
- Foods: We will provide each couple with 1,000,000 VND a week for food;
- Free mineral water and Vietnamese green tea.
- The classes is located at the living room thus it will not waste you travelling time.
- Bus system is also convenient from our area. It will take you around 15 min. to the downtown.
- It is also comfortable for you living here because there are convenient supper malls, restaurant, cafeteria, Gym... surrounding the building.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS and SUPPORTS:
- First, our building is located in a modern resident area of Hanoi, surrounding with 5 international bilingual schools including: Viet-Australia School, Doan Thi Diem School (Singapore funded), Le Quy Don School , Lomonoxop School, Vin School , and Ivy-League School. These schools locate in the diameter of 200 meters of our building, conveniently going to these schools on foot. Thus, if you like I can introduce you with these schools for working as the short term/long term English teachers with a well-paid in the day time (you have much free time all days and only busy with my kids in the weekday evenings except for June & July).
- In addition, When you have finished volunteering (at least 01 month), we will book for two way transportation and hostel to tourism options (Total support is not exceeded 1.500.000 VND) as our Thanks to: (1) Sapa, the most attractive tourism centre of the northwest of Vietnam; or (2) Halong Bay's scatter of islands, which is a vision of ethereal beauty and, unsurprisingly, northern Vietnam's number one tourism hub; (3) or other similar tourism destinations in the North .(Note: Cash is not given if workawayers do not use the book of transportation and hostel).
- If you can commit to 3 months or more then we will refund the visa expense for you and pay for you to go to Da Nang or another Province in the East of Vietnam.
When you are free you can do whatever and go wherever you like. You can use my motorbike or bus to explore the city. Also, I can introduce you with enjoying street foods and drinkings, visiting old downtown, museums and seeing my friends. This is really great experience of culture exchange that i have ever had when living in Japan, i think.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 3-4 hours a day; 20 hours per week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: