Favourited 215 times
****** Special invitation for families with children to come to our place ******
-----------We need help in tasks around the hotel, like cleaning, cooking, washing dishes, for gardening and carpenting and for taking care, playing, educating children of 6 and 8 years old-----------------
Greetings from the mountain! I am Heidi, and I am the space-holder of a beautiful co-creative community project that I started a bit less than a year ago. This magical place in the mountains above the clouds, offers a perfect place for anyone looking to deepen their spiritual journey through connection to self and nature, or just to find the peace and stillness away from the busy world, while having the comfort of a hot shower and fully equipped outdoor kitchen with breath-taking view, from the Camping Zone, the Eco-Hotel and the Eco-Glamping.
As a single mother I made a conscious decision to start building up my life project here and that of my children, in the green mountains, surrounded by rivers, banana palm trees, forests, birds and hiking trails. I am from the Netherlands and I am living here in nature with my two Colombian - Dutch children, whilst being part of the eco-community around me, consisting of Colombian and foreign inhabitants that are implementing ecological and spiritual practices, based on ancestral and permaculture values and customs.
Together with a beautiful German - Ukrainian couple, we recently started to co-create together, turning it into a project, which is a holistic community and retreat centre, focusing on personal and collective healing and well-being, in the mountains of the municipality of Cocorná, department of Antioquia, in Colombia.
Our project is a perfect place for camping or staying in the hotel, also with children as they have ample space to play and many wonderful kids to connect with in our community and activities available in the mountain life.
* I started this project since a year. Some years ago I was part of another project, for which we invited volunteers. The reviews that you see are still from the previous project, also in Colombia. We welcome you now to our new project in a beautiful part of Colombia!
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Our project is situated in a Conscious Eco-Community where weekly traditional ancestral gatherings such as Mambeadero (sharing the sweet word of wisdom around the fire in a circle) and gatherings (community building project gatherings) are happening and everyone is welcome to participate and experience this ancestral way of life.
You have the opportunity to meet with a traditional indigenous family from the Sierra Nevada who live close by in traditional houses and near the maloka (indigenous community space), to learn from their cosmovision, spiritual practices and traditional way of eco construction.
You can meet and visit the other Colombian - international families during the events that we organize.
You have the possibility to learn or improve the Spanish language.
You can participate in yoga classes in our Tambo three times a week.
You can learn more about permaculture, eco building, and traditional rural practices.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Co-creation amongst conscious people is the heart of our project. Therefore, your abilities and capacities are mostly welcome! We are looking for:
* A yoga teacher that can give yoga classes three times a week.
* Volunteers that can help in the permaculture garden, compost and animal caring.
* Carpenters that can help us to make more furniture are mostly welcome.
* Artists that can help us make beautiful paintings in the walls of the Tambo and other places are also mostly welcome.
* Finally, we always can use a volunteer that likes to play with our children (6 and 7 years old), and/or want to help with homeschooling.
* Can you prepare delicious vegan or vegetarian food, wow great!
This host offers a language exchange
We can do a language exchange of teaching my children English, and I can teach you Spanish. I am personally also interested in learning and practisising French, Portuguese, and Hebrew, in exchange of teaching Spanish.
We can offer you a tent or a glamping at our camping zone, which has a fully equipped outdoor kitchen, a compost toilet and hot shower. You can make use of the ample comfortable and beautiful tambo as comunal space to read, work, participate in yoga classes, sit around the fire, singing circles, etc.
Food is included.
- We offer a beautiful, quiet, and comfortable place to stay in the middle of nature, with a spectacular view over the mountains. You have the possibility to participate in community activities. We offer healthy food and and a family environment.
- You can enjoy birth watching
- You can go hiking to nearby rivers, waterfalls and pools
- We have mountain bikes for rent and you can participate in mountain bike tours
- You can go paragliding and other extreme sports nearby.
- You can go to the local museum in the village of Cocorná, which is very interesting.
- You can participate in yoga classes, singing circles, dancing and other events that we organize.
- You can jump on our big trampoline.
We are very flexible and open for new ideas and initiatives. You can participate in making bread, jam, muesli, and other healthy vegetarian food.
It would be nice to let us know well in advance about your travel details (confirm by telephone).
The village of Cocorná is 45 minutes in bus from Rionegro and 2 hours in bus from Medellin.
From Cocorná you can take a mototaxi that will you bring up to the mountain. The last small piece you do by feet.
Or you can go in a 4x4 taxi almost unto our place.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Our space has the optimum conditions for digital nomads, as have access to unlimited wifi, and there is a comfortable comfortable working space, where you can work, enjoying a healthy smoothy or a nice coffee, looking out over the mountains and letting yourself inspire by the spectacular view over the mountains and hearing the birds singing.
We accept pets but you should inform us first, because we have two little husky puppies, another dog and chickens and ducks. So, then we can see whether it can be a good match. But there is space!
More than two
maximum 4-5 hours per day, 5 days a week