Usually responds within 11 days
-----------Warmly welcoming couples and/or individual workawayer who can stay for a longer period of time (min. 1 month). Who are willing and capable to take practical responsibilities and are open to periodically take care of the farm and the farmstay. From mid-March onwards.------------
For our beautiful project in the green mountains in Colombia, we always need some extra help in the farm, construction, children and in the ecohotel/retreat centre! And we are always very glad with volunteers that can cook well and love to cook, especially vegan and vegetarian meals. We love to learn and exchange new recipies.
This magical place in the mountains above the clouds, offers a perfect place for anyone looking to deepen their spiritual journey through connection to self and nature, or just to find the peace and stillness away from the busy world, while having the comfort of a hot shower and fully equipped outdoor kitchen with breath-taking view, from the Camping Zone, the Eco-Hotel and the Eco-Glamping.
Me, Heidi, as a single mother I made a conscious decision to start building up my life project here and that of my children, in the green mountains, surrounded by rivers, banana palm trees, forests, birds and hiking trails. I am from the Netherlands and I am living here in nature with my two Colombian - Dutch children, whilst being part of the eco-community around me, consisting of Colombian and foreign inhabitants that are implementing ecological and spiritual practices, based on ancestral and permaculture values and customs.
Together with a beautiful German - Ukrainian couple, Janna, Stefan, with their child, we have started to co-create together, turning it into a project, which is a holistic community and retreat centre, focusing on personal and collective healing and well-being, in the mountains of the municipality of Cocorná, department of Antioquia, in Colombia.
Our project is a perfect place for camping, glamping, or staying in the hotel, also with children as they have ample space to play and many wonderful kids to connect with in our community and activities available in the mountain life.
We highly value that you have experience in taking care of a farm: agriculture, animal care. And that you have an eye for cleaniness. Experience in hospitality, service to guests, and cooking and serving nice meals is highly valued as well!.
Some days during your stay you will have the responsibility to take care of the farm and the retreat centre. Other days you will be accompanied by the hosts of project.
Loving dogs and cats, plants, flowers and locally grown food is a must and expressing own initiative and responsibility we highly value.
* I started this project since 2,5 years. Some years ago I was part of another project, for which we invited volunteers. Most reviews that you see are still from the previous project, also in Colombia. We welcome you now to our new project in a beautiful part of Colombia!
Types of help and learning opportunitiesLanguage practiceHelp with Eco ProjectsTeachingGardeningDIY and building projectsAnimal CareFarmstay helpBabysitting and creative playCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelp around the houseHospitality/TourismGeneral MaintenanceHelp with Computers/ Internet
UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
Our project is situated in a Conscious Eco-Community Zakuye, in which weekly traditional ancestral gatherings such as Mambeadero (sharing the sweet word of wisdom around the fire in a circle) and gatherings (community building project gatherings) are happening and everyone is welcome to participate and experience this ancestral way of life.
You have the opportunity to meet with a traditional indigenous family from the Sierra Nevada who live close by in traditional houses and near the maloka (indigenous community space), to learn from their cosmovision, spiritual practices, weaving techniques and traditional way of eco construction.
You can meet and visit the other Colombian - international families during the events that we organize.
You have the possibility to learn or improve the Spanish language.
We have yoga classes in our Tambo two times a week.
You can learn more about permaculture, eco building, and traditional rural practices.
Projects involving children
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Co-creation amongst conscious people is the heart of our project. Therefore, your abilities and capacities are mostly welcome! We are looking for:
* Tasks in and around the ecohotel: cleaning, making guest rooms nice, attending guests, making a small fire in the Tambo, wood collection, cooking meals and serving them.
* Volunteers that can help in the permaculture garden, compost and animal caring.
* Carpenters that can help us to make more furniture, compost toilet, maintenance, are mostly welcome.
* People with experience re. on line marketing, making good videos and photographs, website making, social media, are most welcome
* Can you prepare delicious vegan or vegetarian food, wow great!
* Volunteers that have a background in (alternative) education (and /or special education dedicated to children with dyslexia), to acompany my children with their education.
This host offers a language exchange
We can do a language exchange of teaching my children English, and I can teach you Spanish. I am personally also interested in learning and practisising French, Portuguese, and Hebrew, in exchange of teaching Spanish.
We can offer you a tent at our camping zone, which has a fully equipped outdoor kitchen, a compost toilet and hot shower. You can make use of the ample comfortable and beautiful Tambo as a comunal space to read, work, participate in yoga classes, sit around the fire, singing circles, etc.
Warm meal is included.
For farmstay sitters that we are looking for now, we offer a stay in a nice private room.
What else ...
- We offer a beautiful, quiet, and comfortable place to stay in the middle of nature, with a spectacular view over the mountains. You have the possibility to participate in community activities and meet nice people. We offer healthy food and and a family environment.
- You can enjoy birth watching
- You can go hiking to nearby rivers, waterfalls and pools
- You can go to the yacuzzi and swimming pool nearby
- You can participate in mountain bike tours
- You can go paragliding and other extreme sports nearby.
- You can go to the local museum in the village of Cocorná, which is very interesting.
- You can participate in yoga classes, singing circles, dancing and other events that we organize.
- You can jump on our big trampoline.
We are very flexible and open for new ideas and initiatives. You can participate in making bread, jam, muesli, and other healthy vegetarian food.
It would be nice to let us know well in advance about your travel details (confirm by telephone).
The village of Cocorná is 45 minutes in bus from Rionegro and 2 hours in bus from Medellin.
From Cocorná you can take a mototaxi that will you bring up to the mountain. The last small piece you do by feet.
Or you can go in a 4x4 taxi almost unto our place.
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Can host digital nomads
Our space has the optimum conditions for digital nomads, as have access to unlimited wifi, and there is a comfortable comfortable working space, where you can work, enjoying a healthy smoothy or a nice coffee, looking out over the mountains and letting yourself inspire by the spectacular view over the mountains and hearing the birds singing.
Can possibly accept pets
We accept pets but you should inform us first, because we have a dog, and three cats. So, then we can see whether it can be a good match. But there is space!
How many Workawayers can stay?
maximum 4-5 hours per day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: