My name’s Trang. At present, I am managing and teaching at the Reggio Emilia inspired kindergarten in Hanoi. We believe that children have many different ways of showing their understanding by expressing it through their thoughts and creativity. There are a hundred different ways of thinking, of discovering and of learning. These different ways are shown through drawing and sculpting, through dance and movement, through painting and pretend play and through modelling and music. We believe that each one of these Hundred Languages must be valued and nurtured. These languages, or ways of learning, are all a part of the child. Learning and playing are not separated. The approach emphasises hands-on discovery learning that allows the child to use all their senses and all their languages to learn. We also use a lot of natural and recycle materials for teaching. We always open weekly fieldtrips for children in the kindergarten and we go to a variety of museums, organic farms, national parks and forests. I’m sure that you will enjoy your time here with us :)
Besides, we want to create a billingual environment for the kids, to let them naturally discover the cultural diversity of this world. That’s why we really need support from international volunteers who will bring their own cultures, talents and creativity to the children. If you can play any musical instrument, know a yummy recipe, or have any other skill/talent that you can share with the children from time-to-time, that would be amazing! As a school we like to do many art projects, so your creativity will be much appreciated! We’re willing to have volunteers as long as possible (at least 3 weeks), even up to few years :) We would love to offer accomodation and meals everyday for volunteers. One of the advantages you will have when you work here is that we only use organic food for the kids and teachers. We also want to host someone who understands that this position is a very serious commitment:
1. To the students you will be caring for who can become attached to you,
2. To their families who are entrusting you with their treasures.
3. This is not babysitting, rather educating, and many people will be depending on us. Therefore, we need someone who is responsible, respectful, self-sufficient, energetic and curious with a bright personality who adores children and above all can be committed for the time they promise to be with us.
4. Volunteers must be vigilant in cleaning up after themselves and contribute towards keeping the kindergarten clean and tidy.
We're looking forward to seeing you!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
We would love to share Vietnamese culture and cuisine to all friends from around the world.
- Teaching, singing, dancing and playing with kids in the Reggio inspired kindergarten.
- Do some charity works if any;
- Be friend with us.
We offer free accomodation and 3 meals for volunteers.
The kindergarten is in the green villa in Nam Tu Liem district with convenient traffic. You can catch bus easily to go to the city centre and many other sightseeings in Hanoi. There are several local markets, supermarkets, and other attractions (silk village, flower market, local temple) nearby.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week