Favourited 130 times
This is a Bali-based NGO in Ubud area, Bali, Indonesia. We empower communities by teaching them how to turn plastic waste into fuel oil with a low-tech device!
Our team of 3 local staff lives in our headquarters (house, garden and workshop)
We welcome volunteers to :
- Help maintain the place
- Learn about plastic waste issues in Bali and solutions to reduce the amounts of it
- Help local staff for our NGO activities : machine building, digital marketing, fundraising, events, partnerships, develop the learning center
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
By staying with our friendly local staff you will learn all about Indonesian language, food and culture, but mainly about how we can reduce plastic waste and Help the planet and obviously ourselves by returning the plastic to its natural state which is oil that we can then use as fuels.
You will learn a lot about the process that allows us to turn plastic into oil which is Pyrolysis and how we introduce the machine to local communities to help educate people on this urgent matter.
Tasks are various, ranging from general maintenance to a speaking on our behalf for our non-profit events !
We like everyone to take turns in the daily tasks so we can see what tasks best suit your skills.
1- Daily tasks in the house :
- Buying groceries at the traditional market (with a budget provided for all the team's food)
- Cooking for the team (+/- 5 people)
- Cleaning/housekeeping and some odd jobs
- Gardening (we started to grow medicinal plants in the backyard and veggies in the front yard).
2- NGO support : Our NGO has started to be well known in Bali and we are always looking at new opportunities. Here is how you can contribute :
- Cover events : Join the staff during their activities all over Bali, take pictures/videos and post them online.
- Fundraising and digital marketing : Think of new and innovative ideas to promote and improve this project and what we stand for here. If you stay for a longer term you might be able to become a a voice for us at Events/ promotions!
- Machine building, research and development : if you have engineering skills/welding skills or any other technical skills, you would be a great help!
Regarding the length of you stay : The longer the better ! We love slow-travel.
We prefer to host volunteers at least for 2 weeks but we had people coming up to 3 months and we were thrilled about it. It is also more enjoyable for you to get used to the house, people and tasks and take your time for it.
The only room we provide for now is fairly basic, there are 1 mattresses and pillows, we are still looking fund to make it more comfy. If you need more comfort feel free to add some furniture, we have some stores around here.
Unless you apply as a couple or know each other, we try to accomodate solo travelers with the same gender as often as possible (unless you do not care).
The bathroom is outside and shared with everyone (There is no running hot water but i is possible to heat water on a stove).
We provide 2 meals a day ( the team takes turns going for groceries and doing the cooking). We can also accommodate you if you have any specific diet just let us know.
Also, you can help yourself to tea and coffee whenever you need it.
Our place is quite remote, you can access it by motorbike only. It is close to Ubud's Green School.
It is better for you to be able to drive a motorbike and/or to rent your own car/motorbike.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week