*️️*️️ Our guest room is booked until April 2018.
We (Tayler & Solara) run an edible landscaping & ecological design business in Victoria, BC. We teach permaculture courses, design & build edible gardens and manage regenerative landscape projects.
Our headquarters is a home-based backyard, permaculture-inspired garden in Vic West, less than 10 minutes biking from downtown. We also have a 3 year old daughter who loves to play in the garden and at the parks nearby. We have just moved in and are renovated the edible gardens, but it will begin pumping out veggies and fruit soon. Some winter veggie have been transplanted.
While we do have a business, the focus of the workaway will be non-commercial, mostly working in our home food gardens and playing with our 3-year old daughter.
Babysitting / child care
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
We provide travellers with:
- a safe, respectful place to sleep, eat good, mostly organic food
- learning opportunity for those interested in edible gardening in the city, including
- a great location with which to explore Victoria
We are looking for someone who:
- loves children and is happy to play with and look after our 3 year old daughter (there are many parks within walking distance)
- is willing to contribute to meals and cleanup (shared responsibility)
- enjoys edible gardening and nursery work (weeding, planting, mulching, seeding, setting up cloches, etc..)
- can help with duties related to urban chickens (we'll be getting some in late February/March and will be getting the coop ready in February)
We're looking for 5 hours per day and can be flexible with timing based on your desired schedule.
English, Spanish, French
Private room and bathroom in basement of 2 story house that doubles as our office. The guest bedroom has low ceilings (5'11'') but the rest of the house is fine.
We may request access to the office occasionally between 9am and 5pm, but mostly we work offsite.
We are 15 minutes walking to downtown Victoria, 5 minutes biking. We can lend a bike when we're not using it and point you in the direction of many urban agriculture and permaculture sites in and around Victoria, some of which we've been involved in.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week