Our school foundation, founded 25 years ago, is a COMMUNITY situated close to Granada, that host and help people leaving in a situation of social exclusion, mainly mothers with children in emergency situations or abused, young immigrants, people with disabilities without family, teenagers in risk situations or people needing a home.
Nowadays we are almost 100 people.
The AIM of the school foundation is provide our people family feeling and healthy environment and give them the opportunity to learn useful skills for their job seeking as well as for making the community improve and grow.
Volunteers will be involved in different ways:
* MANDATORY: help with after-school activities (1hr 30 min after lunch) rotating with other volunteers; share breakfast and lunch with us in the common dinning room, respect schedule and rules of the community, mantein your room and the house you live in very clean and organize cleanning time daily together with other volunteers in your spare time. Take care of the house is very important for us and for people that every day arrives to our place kn order to help. The sens of the community start with the respect of the place you live in and the people you live with.
* General maintenance.
* Agriculture and gardening.
* Children daycare and after-school support.
* Daily cooking for the community kitchen.
* Cleaning common spaces.
* Entertainment projects (e.g. theatre, movie club, reading club, kids library).
* Social media: communication, advertisement, video, photography, graphic design.
* Giving a hand in our handcraft workshops (candles, textile, natural soap, marmalade, flowers, pottery, sewing).
* Helping with the preparation of seminars for the practice and dissemination of cultural activities, awareness.
* Helping with the food / found raising
* * Teaching skills and passions you have (e.g. art, english, computer, yoga, swimming, etc.).
A BASIC LEVEL OF SPANISH IS REQUIRED because we only have a few English speakers in our community and they are not able to follow volunteers all the time.
We also expect you to be SELF-MANAGED, since we have no time to lead the volunteers all the time.
We are SITUATED in Sierra Elvira, less than 10 km from Granada (reachable in 15 minutes by bus).
NEARBY you can enjoy hot springs in the nature for free, explore andalusian culture in Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada, do sport in the mountain, go on excursions, go to the Alhambra, go to Sierra Nevada.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
We offer volunteers the opportunity of living a solidary experience, learning useful skills and sharing with people from different cultures.
We receive a lot of volunteers from all over the world.
At the moment we have 20 nationalities hosted in the Foundation.
The volunteers are also free to find their own way to cooperate with us and lead their personal project in the Foundation.
The ideal length of stay for us is between 1 week and 1 month.
Spanish, English, French, Italian, Arabic
The volunteers have the chanche to stay in 2 special houses dedicated only to them.
One inside the Community, the other at 200mt from it.
In both houses they can keep privacy and a certain distance from the hosted people if they want.
The houses have their own kitchen, living room, tv, internet, washing machine.
In your spare time you can enjoy Andalusia and Spain thanks to our wide contact network all around Spain!
Transportation by bus in Spain is very cheap and in a few hours you can reach Seville, Cordoba, Málaga, Alpujarras, Madrid. In some of these cities we can help you with accommodation.
We have many cars and we can facilitate you transfers.
Granada has a National Airport reachable from Madrid, Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca. If you arrive at Málaga you can come to Granada by bus directly from the Airport as well as from Madrid and we could pick you up.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours per day (5 days a week)
My Photo Album