France, Laos, Spain, Thailand
24/11/2019 - 18/02/2020
I love learning new things, about history, music, health, sports, sustainable living, and other cultures. Some of the most memorable experiences in my life have been intercultural exchanges and travel. I prefer to travel by bicycle or foot.
A few years ago I discovered traveling by bicycle and that has been my favorite way to travel ever since. I feel so free, can take the roads less traveled, see people and nature passing by at the right pace, avoid most of the touristic places, see the countryside, and all the while being active - it's just fantastic. So far, I've bicycled from Holland to the South of France, in Morocco, the U.S.A (Pacific Coast), Thailand, and Laos.
Some points about myself:
- I'm usually described as a calm, friendly, fun and cheerful person.
- I like meeting people and sharing (travel) stories.
- I love all sports (that I can think of..)! I mostly run, cycle, do krav maga (self-defence) and yoga.
- I practice mindfulness and meditation.
- I play some piano.
- I greatly value education, freedom of thought, and equality of opportunities.
- I love the outdoors and nature. I try to make my small contribution by not wasting any food, not buying stuff I don't need, and travel primarily by foot or bicyle (but yes, I still take a plane to far-off places sometimes).
- I enjoy helping people.
I also have a profile on warmshowers, which is a kind of Couchsurfing for people travelling by bike. I have hosted a couple of people and have been lucky with several great hosts. Great experiences so far. You can find my profile page here:
Also, I keep a blog of my travels: www.adventurousroadrunners.com
I have experience with:
- Work in the hospitality industry.
- All types of sports: cycling, hiking, krav maga, yoga, football.
- Travel by bicycle.
- Making websites (a blog).
- Basic video editing.
- IT and Cyber Security.
- Playing the piano.
- Teaching Mathematics and English, and how to study effectively.
I'm happy to help with any of this (and probably I'm forgetting a few things), but I would also like to learn new things, like how to (physically) build stuff, gardening, giving tours, etc. I usually pick up new things pretty quickly, if I may say so myself :)
- Dutch (native)
- English (fluently)
- German (basic)
- French (basic)
- Spanish (basic)
Special dietary requirements