We are currently
Activities we are interested in:
Our aim is to volunteer our way around the world. We want to get to know you, your culture and traditions. How can we help you?
Our next destination:Guatemala - from Dec 2021 until Jan 2022 View all
Hi! We are a cartwheel-turning couple who value new experiences and learning new things. We run a successful non-profit children's theatre company, that toured the United States for several decades. Now we are eager to share what we have learned on stage and in business. We are accustom to the nomadic lifestyle, having lived and traveled in an motorhome for many years. We are curious about you and your culture, the arts, traditions and landscape.
In November 2021 we set out to circumnavigate our way around the world from East to West; from Central America to South America, Africa to South East Asia and back the United States in September of 2022. We choose our destinations based on where we think we can help the most. We are especially interested in programs that benefit children.
InterestsBeachNatureFitnessYoga / WellnessDancingHikingLanguagesArt & designPerforming artsDrawing & paintingDIY & craftsWritingBooksMusicVideographyPhotographyTechnologyAstronomyCooking & foodVegetarian or vegan
show morePolitics / Social justiceCultureHistory
Skills and knowledge we'd like to share or learn
We're interested in:Hospitality/TourismCharity WorkDIY and building projects
Some knowledge of:Helping around the houseGeneral MaintenanceCreating/ Cooking family meals
Able to teach about:Language practiceArt ProjectsHelping with Computers/ InternetTeachingBabysitting and creative play
More details about your skills
ARTISTIC AND CREATIVE
We are Dennis and Kimberly Goza, we founded our own children's theatre company, Act!vated Story Theatre, and "wore all of the hats" required to put national touring productions together.
As actors we performed highly physical comedic shows to entertain and educate, performing up to 3-4 shows a day, 5 days a week /200 shows a year.
* Developed an interactive method of teaching American Sign Language through stories, songs and games that kids and adults alike enjoyed.
* Kimberly has sewing skills, having created many costumes and clothes from scratch
* Dennis is a published writer, experienced in editing.
* Travel writing and photography for Road Trip America.
* Videographer and video editing for theatre, travel website (Activated Adventures) and California State Parks.
Entertaining kids and teaching them theatre, dance, sign language and creative writing.
Homeschooled (or as we like to say "Road Schooled") our son all the way through High School.
* Experience running a small non-profit, nationally touring theatre company for children and their families since 1989. Responsible for web design, marketing, sales, production and more.
* Full time travelers since 1992: accustomed to plotting routes, scheduling itineraries and taking life as it comes, minimalists accustomed to making the best of any given situation.
* Christmas Tree Lot Managers for 10+ years: hauling trees up to 15’, using chainsaws, organizing, customer service and sales, all with magical elf enthusiasm.
* Haunted House Manager for 4 years: some design and construction, training and managing actors, SFX make-up, advertising, graphic design and marketing. Leading families through kid friendly tours during daylight hours.
* Several years experience in the hospitality industry working as a hotel receptionist in a San Francisco hotel and as wait staff at several restaurants along the way. And a short stint in a warehouse, filling orders and operating machinery.
Word Documents, Excel and Google Sheets
Website design: HTML, CSS (Dreamweaver, Wordpress and others), knowledgeable SEO, keywords and editing copy.
Social Media skills (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube)
Photograph editing and graphic design: GIMP
Advanced Video Editing: Da Vinci Resolve
CRM from design to implementation
3D Design - Sketch-Up
Sound Editing - Audacity
Music Composition - Finale
Hiking, 5k, Ashtanga Yoga, acroyoga, dancing all styles from tap to hip hop, Tai chi, shaolin, basketball and snorkeling at every opportunity. Learning to slackline, spin poi, skateboard, dance Bollywood and juggle.
Neither one of us has any health issues or is on any medications.
54 & 68
What else ...
Previous volunteer experience: cleaning a tiger’s cage at a wildlife refuge, cleaning up debris and entering data after hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes devastated towns. Therapeutic artistic work with students in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
When the pandemic began, Kimberly sewed 100 masks to donate to healthcare workers. We spent 3 months volunteering at a state park, helping to develop educational videos to reach students virtually, serving as the photographer, video editor, director and performers as needed.
We have also tutored immigrants in English, taught poetry writing workshops to kids at an arts center in Los Angeles, and did administrative work with the San Francisco Opera and the Berkeley Repertory Theatre.
Dennis composes music and plays baritone ukulele. He enjoys puzzles and games, and drawing.
Kimberly's guilty pleasures include tea, chocolate, playing Pokemon Go and playing word games.
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
Prefer a vegan/vegetarian diet. Fresh produce, low starch, no sugar whenever possible but we try to adapt when it is not.