Favourited 139 times
Hi everyone !
My name is Francisco, I am a native of the Central Andes of Peru, my passion is to know and share about the many cultures that developed in the Andes, the music, the history, the impressive landscapes and mountains, the worldview and the beautiful heritage Andean spirituality of our ancestors.
curious person to experiment, I am dynamic and adventurous, I like to meet new people and exchange the many interesting aspects of our cultures and their ways of living, since I was a child, I have known my Andean world based on its natural ways of living and feeling, I know my mother tongue Quechua and other native dialects and I can communicate fluently with my people; I can share with people with true motivation to learn and share, my research, experiences and knowledge related to mysticism, management of healing energy, the many positive rituals, forms of meditation, healing plants and spiritual connection and many other acquired knowledge naturally, from the beginning of reciprocity with an open and positive mindset.
For more than 9 years and in coordination with the inhabitants of various peasant communities of the Mantaro Valley, in the heart of the central Peruvian Andes, we have been developing a small organization with several projects based on the community support of the Andean populations of the area. We especially support many Quechua immigrant children and women from other peoples who are in a situation of extreme poverty, and who suffer many economic, educational and emotional deficiencies due to sociocultural exclusion.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
We are in the heart of the Andes, in the beautiful valley of El Mantaro, from our community, you can see from a privileged altitude the snowy mountains, the wide valley, the lush nature of the area with abundant native trees and eucalyptus trees, you can live the local culture that still lives, people talking, growing, dressing and expressing their multicolored culture, music and multifaceted forms of their traditional markets, besides you will receive free of charge for your kind help:
- Accommodation in a rural house
- breakfast (with local ingredients)
- Personalized help and support by people in the community
- Fully experimental activities and courses (theoretical and practical) in:
* Spanish and Quechua language, the language of the Incas.
* Exchange of local meals cooked in ovens and wood stoves, Peruvian desserts / cakes, as well as Peruvian-style cocktails and with Andean and Amazonian ingredients.
* Excursions and expeditions at no cost to guide many attractions in the Andes and the central jungle of Peru, we will hike to the mountains, we will make camps, we will visit traditional artisan villages (alpaca wool clothes, traditional wall tapestries, beautiful silver jewelry with Andean motifs, clay pots, pumpkin crafts and more), we will visit beautiful mountain lakes, landscape reserves in the mountains and jungle, many waterfalls in the central jungle, pre-Inca ruins, inter-Andean train travel as do the people of the provinces and others.
* Travel of knowledge, research and spiritual meditation in many energetic axes of the Andes and Amazon.
* Experiences of energy / mysticism / natural health of the Inca and Amazonian culture. Reiki-yoga and Inca meditation.
* develop your skills related to yoga, meditation and holistic health in an original environment and surrounded by the energy of the Andes and the native culture linked to it.
- Direct inmercion and detailed information about the Andean, amazonian and Inca culture (visit villages, museums and talk with native people)
- Information on tourist destinations in Peru (trips can be organized)
- visits and walks through the city and interesting places.
- Learn and practice Latin dances (salsa, bachata and others) dances and Native songs to the Andes and the jungle.
- we are happy to celebrate life with parties, birthdays and various celebrations. we are not boring people....
*** Important Note***
Due to the effects of the pandemic in Peru, especially in the Andes, we are just going to restart our activities in the first months of 2021, we apologize for not opening sooner, although international flights are available, we are seeing and experiencing a situation very complicated that prevents children, families and Andean society in general, from carrying out activities normally, it would be unrealistic to promote tourism or volunteering in a very tense situation until the situation is largely normalized, what we want is provide a happy, intense and true experience, with the security that we all deserve.
Help us to promote this beautiful social cause, we need people to help us with our project with children and the empowerment of women, it is a very direct work, we foster an experiential way of social coexistence with community members, children and women, meet their way of life, their personal and family challenges, their culture, joys and also their misadventures, to which we try to mitigate and help with these projects, giving support, hope and love to overcome these difficulties.
Our work with the community takes place in three areas:
* project with children:
We help these children through an alternative school, with activities that help improve their education and the self-esteem of children who have deteriorated because many of them come from Quechua migrant families with problems of abandonment, domestic violence and exclusion. for its difficult economic / social situation and the cultural marginalisation of their families.
* English teaching and revaluation of the Quechua language.
* help with homework
* emotional and tutoring support for children with problems
workshops and activities:
pastry , bakery, notions of cleanliness, order, respect for people and mother earth, ecology, tree planting, plants, care of minor animals, sports and outdoor games in the countryside, fun excursions and knowledge / respect for Nature (there is abundant field here) native dances, we revalue the culture with many activities, such as songs, stories, dynamics and native-Inca theater, as well as many crafts, paintings and other fun activities!
* Empowering women: We organize local Andean women in human rights, group organisation, nutrition based on healthy food in the area, preventive health, notions of equality, rights and treatment of gender violence, emotional support for people affected by political violence and survivors, psychology and emotional support to young women and adult survivors, small business development, crafts, notions and practices of ecology, yoga and Andean reiki and others.
* In community work, we improve the living spaces of homes, promote the construction of ecological kitchens, educational workshops, promote orchads and organic practices, water purification, we help in the development, planting of Andean crops, we help in the breeding of animals like llamas, alpacas, rams, guinea pigs, we carry out channeling works, painting of beautiful murals with Andean themes and the Inca cosmovision, as well as ecology, art and polychrome beauty of landscapes and more
The project is developed in the central Andes of Peru, in areas far from tourist circuits, here you can develop an intense, direct and fun way to know and experience the Andean culture (still alive in the Peruvian Andes) in all its facets of hosts who know this world, its wonderful places, its mysticism and energy
We believe that one of our main missions is to protect the beautiful cultural heritage of our Andean world, its language, its spirituality, its beliefs, its ways of treating and respecting Mother Earth, animals and people, its positive rituals of health gratitude, and other knowledge that is to be predicted by oblivion and cultural exclusion.
Obviously, we are also interested in learning from your way of living and thinking, integratively sharing the many personal and / or professional skills that you have, in a very direct and dynamic way.
*** requirements for the volunteer:
- minimum age 19 years
- possess good physical health.
- able to interact naturally with children and adults who drive the project.
- It is important to have the ability, patience and treatment with very young girls (5 to 9 years old)
- have an open mind.
- it would be ideal to have the participation of people who develop or have some knowledge related to Yoga and its philosophy, also holistic healing, mindfuleness , kundalini, spirituality and reiki and other similar knowledge....
- Adaptable and tolerant person.
- ability to integrate into a fairly united multicultural team.
- Fulfill your commitment to help and participation time.
- We are delighted to be reciprocal with you, we also need people with a lot of positivism, dynamism, and who contribute with initiatives and new ideas in all aspects, not only in volunteering, but also in cultural exchange activities, new activities in excursions, ideas of fun and many other personal skills that you have.
**We have limited vacancies because we are a small project and with limited material resources, but we do this work with energy, much love and a great heart.
The Workawayers and coordinators live in a rustic house near the projects, there are not many luxuries, but it has basic services such as gas and wood stove, oven, electricity, gas cylinder for cooking, enough drinking water, wooden beds and blankets of cotton.
It is a sufficiently comfortable, friendly and safe place, where we carry out coordination, rest and cultural exchange, we will be happy to share and learn from each other about culture, history, fun games, watching a movie, celebrating parties / birthdays.
Normally, the rooms are shared with other volunteers, the house is small and has two rooms available for two beds each, a small kitchen and living room, as well as a small garden, the way of life and organization is very collaborative.
*Every weekend we organize non-commercial group excursions without guiding cost, they can also take a few weeks if the trips are to distant places
*The community is about an hour by bus from the city of Huancayo, El Mantaro Valley.
*To get there you have to take a bus from Lima (7 hours trip) or take a flight from Lima- Jauja aerodrome, a city near Huancayo, (flight duration is 45 minutes)
*the time of arrival, participation or other relevant matters must be well coordinated.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week