Favourited 441 times
Hello everyone !
My name is Francisco, I am originally from the Central Andes of Peru, my passion is to know and share about the many cultures and diverse forms of healing energy of the Andes and their positive rituals, plant medicine ceremonies were developed in the Andes and Amazonian, the music, the history , the impressive landscapes and mountains, the cosmovision and the wide heritage of the Andean spirituality of our ancestors.
Curious person to experiment, I am dynamic and adventurous, I like meeting new people and exchanging the many interesting aspects of our cultures and their ways of life, since I was a child I have known my Andean world based on their natural ways of living. living and feeling, I know my mother tongue Quechua and other native dialects and I can communicate fluently with my people; I can share with people with true motivation to learn and share, my research, experiences and knowledge related to mysticism, the management of healing energy, the many positive rituals, forms of meditation, healing plants and spiritual connection of the Andes and Amazon and many other practical knowledge acquired naturally, from a reciprocal point of view with an open and positive mindset.
For more than 9 years and in coordination with the inhabitants of several peasant communities of the Mantaro Valley, in the heart of the central Andes of Peru, we have been developing an intense social work with several projects based on the community support of the populations Andes of the area. We especially support many Quechua immigrant children and women from other peoples who are in a situation of extreme poverty, and who suffer many economic, educational and emotional deficiencies due to socio-cultural exclusion.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We are in the heart of the Andes, in the beautiful valley of El Mantaro, from our community, you can see from a privileged altitude the snow-capped mountains, the wide valley, the exuberant nature of the area with abundant native trees and eucalyptus, you can live the local culture that still lives, the people talking, growing, dressing and expressing their multicolored culture, music and multifaceted forms of their traditional markets, in addition you will receive free for your kind help:
- Accommodation in a comfortable and safe rural house.
- breakfast (with local ingredients)
- Personalized help and support from people in the community.
- Fully experimental activities and courses (theoretical and practical) in:
* Spanish and Quechua language, the language of the Incas.
* Exchange of local meals cooked in ovens and wood stoves, Peruvian desserts / cakes, as well as Peruvian-style cocktails with Andean and Amazonian ingredients.
* Many excursions and expeditions on weekends, without cost of guidance, to many attractions in the Andes and the central jungle of Peru, we will walk to the mountains, we will make camps, we will visit traditional artisan villages (alpaca wool clothing, wall tapestries traditional, beautiful silver jewelry with Andean motifs, clay pots, pumpkin crafts and more), we will visit beautiful mountain lakes, landscape reserves in the mountains and jungle, many waterfalls, rivers and beautiful landscapes in the central jungle, pre-Inca ruins with their history, energy and mysticism, inter-Andean train travel in the same way as the people of the Andes travel (not as tourist trains do)
* We will travel a lot making visits, experiences and we will obtain a lot of real and empirical knowledge of healers, spiritual and mystical people from areas of the Andes and Amazon, in addition to having an extensive spiritual and healing tradition, much of it still to be discovered.
* Experiences of energy / mysticism / natural health, healing medicine ceremonies, know the plants that heal the leather and the soul and connect or guide you with knowledge and healing, in positive rituals of the Inca and Amazon culture. We will be delighted to share reciprocally about our knowledge of Reiki-yoga and Inca meditation with a very peculiar style.
* Develop your skills related to yoga, meditation and holistic health in an original environment and surrounded by the energy of the Andes and the native culture linked to it, the central Andes are home to many energetic and spiritual axes.
- We will make a very direct immersion in the Andean towns, we will know their stories and the culture shared by the inhabitants in a natural way, as well as their traditional customs.
- We will share a lot of information about tourist destinations in Peru, based on our own travel experience and extensive knowledge of our trips (trips or other tourist destinations in Peru can be organized)
- We will be delighted to guide you and get to know our city and towns and its interesting places, markets and many traditional fairs, know how the beautiful crafts are made, beautiful clothes made with Alpaca wool and beautiful native designs, jewelry and silver ornaments with beautiful cultural styles, stones, drums, feathers and fabrics with a folkloric and mystical content, cultural museums and much more.
- Learn and practice Latin dances (salsa, bachata and others), dances and songs native to the Andes and the jungle.
- We are happy to celebrate life continuously with parties, birthdays and various celebrations of all kinds. Also, we are very dynamic people, and we like to celebrate life in an intense and fun way.
You will help in a very direct and completely experiential way of social help and cultural exchange in Andean towns, with members of the community, children and women, you will know first hand, their culture, their way of life, their personal and family challenges, joys and also their misadventures, to which we try to mitigate and help with these projects, giving support, hope and love to overcome these difficulties.
***Our projects :
* Help with children:
We help these children through an alternative school, with activities that help improve their education and the self-esteem of children who have deteriorated because many of them come from Quechua migrant families with problems of abandonment, family violence and exclusion due to their situation of poverty. extreme and the social-cultural marginalization of their families.
* Teaching English and revaluation of the Quechua language.
* help with the homework
* mentoring and emotional support for troubled children
workshops and activities:
pastry, bakery, notions of cleanliness, order, respect for people and mother earth, ecology, planting trees, plants, caring for small animals, sports and outdoor games in the countryside, fun excursions and knowledge / respect for the nature (there is abundant field here) native dances, we revalue the culture with many activities, such as songs, stories, dynamics and native-Inca theater, as well as many crafts, paintings and other fun activities!
* Empowerment of women: We organize local Andean women in human rights, group organization, nutrition based on healthy foods in the area, preventive health, notions of equality, rights and treatment of gender violence, emotional support for people affected by violence politics and survivors, psychology and emotional support, small business development, handicrafts, notions and practices of ecology, yoga and Andean reiki and others.
* In community projects, we improve the habitable spaces of homes, we promote the construction of ecological kitchens, educational workshops, we promote orchards and organic practices, water purification, we help in development, planting Andean crops, raising animals such as llamas, alpacas , rams, guinea pigs, we carry out canalization works, painting beautiful murals with Andean themes and the Inca worldview, as well as ecology, art and polychrome beauty of landscapes and more
The project is in the central Andes of Peru, the Mantaro Valley, in areas and towns far from the traditional tourist circuits, here you can develop an intense, direct and fun way of knowing and experiencing the traditional Andean culture (still alive in the Peruvian Andes) in all its facets with the guidance and friendship of us and know its wonderful places, its mysticism and healing energy.
You will be immersed in a very experiential way to know and help protect the beautiful cultural heritage of our Andean world, its language, its spirituality, its beliefs, its ways of treating and respecting Mother Earth, animals and people, its rituals positive health gratitude, plants and other knowledge of the Andean, Inca and Amazon cultures.
*** It would be ideal to have the following:
- minimum age 19 years
- have good physical health.
- It is important to have capacity, patience and deal with very young girls (5 to 9 years)
- has an open mind.
- It would be ideal to have the participation of people who develop or have some knowledge related to Yoga and its philosophy, also holistic healing, mindfuleness, kundalini, spirituality and reiki and other similar knowledge.
- Adaptable and tolerant person.
- ability to integrate into a fairly united multicultural team.
- Fulfill their commitment to help and time for participation.
- We are delighted to be reciprocal with you, we also need people with a lot of positivism, dynamism, and who contribute initiatives and new ideas in all aspects, not only in volunteering, but also in cultural exchange activities, new activities on excursions, fun ideas and many other personal skills that you have.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
The Workawayers and coordinators live in a rustic house near the projects, there are not many luxuries, but it has basic services such as gas and wood stove, oven, electricity, gas cylinder for cooking, enough drinking water, wooden beds and blankets of cotton.
It is a sufficiently comfortable, friendly and safe place, where we carry out coordination, rest and cultural exchange, we will be happy to share and learn from each other about culture, history, fun games, watching a movie, celebrating parties / birthdays.
Normally, the rooms are shared with other volunteers, the house is small and has two rooms available for two beds each, a small kitchen and living room, as well as a small garden, the way of life and organization is very collaborative.
*Every weekend we organize non-commercial group excursions without guiding cost, they can also take a few weeks if the trips are to distant places
*The community is about an hour by bus from the city of Huancayo, El Mantaro Valley.
*To get there you have to take a bus from Lima (7 hours trip) or take a flight from Lima- Jauja aerodrome, a city near Huancayo, (flight duration is 45 minutes)
*the time of arrival, participation or other relevant matters must be well coordinated.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week