My name is Manuel and I'm from Italy. I have two children, two dogs and a cat. I've been living in Cocles for the last 15 years and I work as a contractor in the Caribe Sur.
My passion is construction work, that's why I've built two Jungle lofts and still have two more projects to work on; my own house and another loft. My properties are located in the Jungle, so you can see sloths, monkeys, coatis and many more animals around here and even the beach is very close to where I live. I tried to finish the work by myself but there are many things that have to be finished and I urgently need help.
- at least 25 years old
- an outgoing person
- eager to work
- able to work in a team
Please send an application at least seven days before your arrival.
I'm looking forward to work with you and realizing my hostel project on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
- working experience is very good but also unskilled people are more than welcome
- open for every kind of work that has to be done (tiling, painting, wood framing construction, mosaics, gardening, etc.)
- looking for volunteers that stay at least two week
- work twenty hours a week.
- two days off (you choose the days)
What I offer:
- free accommodation with shared dorm, bathroom and kitchen
- Volunteers will have to provide for their own meals and they share and mostly cook together
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca offers sea related activities like surfing, snorkeling, SUP paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing, boat tours, diving tours and several diving certification centers.
There is the world famous, Playa Cocles 200m from the hostel and local shops are easily accessible by foot or bike. There is a well stocked super market within walking distance from the property. And numerous cafes, sodas, restaurants, food stands and fruit vendors only meters away.
People who come help me will benefit from a pleasant and laid back environment, they will see a project shape up, learn new techniques, the Spanish language, and enjoy the pasta I cook.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
15 hours. 3 hours a day for 5 days.