Favourited 1001 times
UPDATE SEP 4TH LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN THE TEAM|FAM IMMEDIATELY
Today we are sadly saying goodbye to Summer, our workawayer who has been here for 2 months now and we need another person to join our very small team, of Jo, the manager, Serena our workawayer and Francesco, the owner.
We'll need someone who can help with the daily cleaning, which takes about 1 to 3 hours and is easy work, as well as doing a a few shifts in reception, which is also a very laid back job. It would be amazing as well if this person holds an international driving license and is confident driving a manual, large van around the Italian country side, full of guests!
We would like someone who is going to stay at least a week but preferably longer. If you are interested please send us a quick message with the dates you would like to come and a little bit about you and we will arrange a skype call to see if we are a good fit!
This guesthouse was formerly a convent of Benedictine monks that was always open to pilgrims passing through. In 1998, our family opened the guesthouse again to travellers with the same notion of hospitality as the monks centuries ago. We wanted our guesthouse to be unique in terms of setting and location, a place you would want to return to and somewhere to relax from city life.
We have a live in owner and a business partner who lives off site. We have a full time manager.
You are very welcome to join us!!
Francesco, Jo and Serena
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Live in the center of Tuscany and get completely involved in Italian culture and meet many people from around the world and learn about their cultures. Most afternoons here can be spent in he pool or hammocks or walking our 2 beautiful dogs, and most nights here are spent drinking wine with a variety of interesting people. Its a great place to relax and take a breather from moving from one crazy city to another.
For guesthouse volunteers, all this is done while also learning how an operation of a guesthouse/hostel is run. And without paying for accommodation (Let's be honest, that definitely sweetens the deal!)
We have a guesthouse/hostel that is filled with world travelers.
We seek volunteers to work with the manager in the daily operations of the guesthouse/hostel. We are a small team that will work closely making sure the hostel is run effectively for the maximum of 44 guests that the hostel can hold.
Different type of help includes;
- Reception work (checking guests in/out, replying to emails, taking bookings)
- Cleaning of guesthouse/hostel areas inside and out and preparing beds for new guests
- Driving of guests to vineyards and other activity locations
The work load is not stressful and you will become part of the family.
Requirements we prefer for the job;
- International or European drivers license (must be able to drive manual/stick shift)
- Speak Italian (not a strict requirement)
- have experience in a guesthouse/hostel and booking system (however we can teach you the basic system if no experience)
- Must be able to speak English
You will have the chance to travel to Siena, Pisa, Florence and San Gimignano since we are very close to these places. We also have a pool for those hot Italian days. We can assure you, that you will have fun with us!!!
italian english french spanish russian
You will have a room (linen and towel as well) provided with a shared kitchen and bathroom.
- You will have easy access by train to Florence , Siena and Pisa (we are 20 minutes by walk from train station)
- Easy access to whole southern Tuscany region
- Free use of bicycles
- Free involvement of any activities we organise, ie, cooking classes and wine tastings based upon availability.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours per day (max 25hours/week)