UPDATE FEB 7TH - LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN THE TEAM|FAM MARCH TO OCTOBER
Having been closed over winter we are now preparing to reopen in April 2020 and are looking for people to join our small team. Jo, the manager, will require assistance from around 15th March to 1st April to clean! This is a big old house, and there has been a lot of maintenance work happening over the last couple of months, so I need people who are not afraid of hard work and cleaning! There will be furniture to move, dust to be swept and beds to be made to get the place ship shape for our first guests.
From 1st April onwards I need helpers for daily cleaning tasks, which takes about 3 hours. Although is fairly easy work, it is not for the faint hearted. If you are squeamish about cleaning this is probably not the job for you!
There may also be a few shifts in reception, which is also a very laid back job.
It would be amazing as well if this person holds an international driving license and is confident driving a manual, 9 seater van around the Italian country side, full of guests!
We would like someone who can commit to a minimum of 2 months, preferably longer. If you are interested please send us a quick message with the dates you would like to come and a little bit about you and we will arrange a skype call to see if we are a good fit!
You are very welcome to join us!!
Jo, Manager (& Francesco, Owner)
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Live in the center of Tuscany and get completely involved in Italian culture and meet many people from around the world and learn about their cultures. Most afternoons here can be spent in he pool or hammocks or walking our 2 beautiful dogs, and most nights here are spent drinking wine with a variety of interesting people. Its a great place to relax and take a breather from moving from one crazy city to another.
For guesthouse volunteers, all this is done while also learning how an operation of a guesthouse/hostel is run. And without paying for accommodation (Let's be honest, that definitely sweetens the deal!)
We have a guesthouse/hostel that is filled with world travelers.
We seek volunteers to work with the manager in the daily operations of the guesthouse/hostel. We are a small team that will work closely making sure the hostel is run effectively for the maximum of 60 guests that the hostel can hold.
Different type of help includes;
- Reception work (checking guests in/out, replying to emails, taking bookings)
- Cleaning of guesthouse/hostel areas inside and out and preparing beds for new guests
- Driving of guests to vineyards and other activity locations
The work load is not stressful and you will become part of the family.
Requirements we prefer for the job;
- International or European drivers license (must be able to drive manual/stick shift)
- Speak Italian (not a strict requirement)
- have experience in a guesthouse/hostel and booking system (however we can teach you the basic system if no experience)
- Must be able to speak English
You will have the chance to travel to Siena, Pisa, Florence and San Gimignano since we are very close to these places. We also have a pool for those hot Italian days. We can assure you, that you will have fun with us!!!
You will have a room (linen and towel as well) provided with a shared kitchen and bathroom.
- You will have easy access by train to Florence , Siena and Pisa (we are 20 minutes by walk from train station)
- Easy access to whole southern Tuscany region
- Free use of bicycles
- Free involvement of any activities we organise, ie, cooking classes and wine tastings based upon availability.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
5 hours per day (max 25hours/week)