*** COVID-19 UPDATE**€
I am immune-compromised due to my chronic health conditions / asthma / medications. Only people who have already completed mandatory isolation on arrival to Melbourne will be allowed to stay.
If I or you become sick with COVID we will all need to isolate in the house until everyone is recovered. Obviously we would care for each other during this time.
Our large female-only townhouse in the inner city suburb of Coburg, Melbourne, is needing immediate help with multiple tasks around the house.
> Felicity is an mid-30's artist, gardener, home-based dog sitter, dog foster carer & start up dog clothing maker, with two female resident dogs:
- Sansa, an energetic 5 year old female greyhound kelpie x
- Maggie, a 5 year old cuddly smallish sized greyhound.
Both dogs love treats, playtimes, running around the house and yard, and sleeping on human beds!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ There will be extra dogs staying at different times, so ONLY DOG LOVERS PLEASE!
The large two story townhouse is located in a quiet position on the boarder of Brunswick East & Coburg East, just off Moreland Road / Nicholson Street, and a 25min tram ride from the city.
We are right next to Merri Creek, with lovely walking trails, and there are plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and public transport in easy reach.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Due to health / allergy reasons, only NON SMOKERS are encouraged to apply.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
As a qualified teacher, Felicity can help with university level studies in Health, Biology, Anatomy, Physical Education & Sports Sciences. She is also experienced in:
- dog training
- first aid / sports rehab
- Anatomy / physiology
- Sports training / skills / gym instruction / fitness
- English (fluent)
- Wine appreciation
- Art & basic sewing skills
*️️️️️️*️️️️️️*️️️️️️ IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE *️️️️️️*️️️️️️*️️️️️️
- I am only wanting female work-awayers, who are NOT looking for paid employment in Melbourne during their stay.
- I have had too many people abuse their stay, by searching for work, or getting jobs, and not doing any form of work-away exchange for their stay.
- If you are new to Melbourne, and would like to search for proper employment during your stay, you are welcome to pay rent for the use of the spare room, and become a real housemate :)
MOST TASKS CAN BE DONE IN THE AFTERNOONS / EVENINGS.
Household jobs may include:
- thorough cleaning of the entire townhouse.
- organising the spare room for new housemate.
- de-cluttering / organising belongings in bedrooms / kitchen / lounge.
- sorting, photographing & listing clothes & household items for sale online ( Facebook / Depop)
- laundering & general daily house chores (dishes / tidying up after the dogs / vacuuming).
- weeding / watering / help with reporting plants in the small courtyard garden.
- cleaning up after the dogs.
- Organising the outdoor tool shed.
- Dog walking / training.
- pruning the huge lemon tree.m (yay free lemons).
- fixing up the bikes.
Max 5 hours per day, 5 days per week,
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ I (Felicity) have multiple chronic medical conditions, and need lots of rest, so I will help out when I can, but will require workers to be independent, and help without supervision the majority of times.
🐶 As I foster and dog sit, with daytime and over-night dogs staying in the house, there can be 2-4 dogs at any time, so you MUST LOVE DOGS! 🐶
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ As I am relatively new to Workaway, i would prefer experienced helpers / travellers with a good work ethic, good - excellent English, a mature relaxed nature and, I can't say this enough = YOU MUST LOVE DOGS! :)
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
Guests have use of the two large and very comfortable couches in the living area, bedding, towels and basic toiletries.
*️️️️️️*️️️️️️*️️️️️️[If you are searching for work in Melbourne, you can pay rent for the spare bedroom, which has a queen bed and built in robes, drawers, mirror and West-facing window overlooking the back courtyard]*️️️️️️*️️️️️️*️️️️️️
The 3 bedroom townhouse has lounge, kitchen, dining and laundry downstairs, with all bedrooms and bathroom upstairs. The shared bathroom has a shower & separate bath, wash basin, with toilets upstairs and downstairs, and a very expensive washing machine in the laundry.
The house is fully heated with central heating during the day and evenings in winter. Upstairs has ducted cooling which is very effective. We have a portable fan downstairs.
NBN internet is provided (limited downloads).
The kitchen is fully set up with cooking & baking equipment, gas stove top and electric oven.
Guests are welcome to help themselves to tea / coffee, but should organise their own daily meals.
Food basics supplied including: baking essentials - flour, sugar, herbs & spices, rice, butter.
Guests are welcome to cook for themselves or enjoy the variety of local restaurants.
Shared cheese & wine nights are common :)
Inner north Melbourne has much to offer. We are located just 2 minutes walk away from public transport (Bus & Tram), with quick access to major tourist attractions, shops, restaurants, bars, parks, and the city CBD.
Guests are welcome to chill out in the lounge or courtyard with the pups, explore the local neighbourhood, parks & cafe's, or hit the city sights in their down time.
The city is just a 20-30min tram ride (depending on traffic) or a leisurely bike ride away. There is 1 working bike & helmet you can borrow.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week