I have a house on a small beautifull Island close to the sea. I am looking for a craftsman or woman to help me repair things in the house. Or somebody who has craftman skills.
DIY and building projects
I hope you will enjoy Fejø and its very friendly people.
The people on the Island are very openminded and friendly, so dont worry about getting to know other people, I would be happy to introduce you to more people. During summer especially there is also many volunteers in the area.
My name is Sigun and I recently bought a house on the beautiful island of Fejø. It is a small island with beautiful beaches everywhere and very friendly people.
I love my new house and garden, but there is a lot to do inside the house and for that i am looking for help. I dont need help in the garden, because I love to do that myself (I am very inspired by permaculture).
I am not a skilled craftsman but would be very thankful to host somebody who knows how to do some of the following. Please be honest and realistic about your skills and which of the following task you would be able to do:
- paint the windows
- make removable windows in plexy glass(I have 4 windows, which only have single layer windows).
- Insinulation on the roof (The has been a marten on the roof who has moved around the rockwool).
- underline bricks, change a few bricks which are broken.
- plumbing: problems with a drain + a radiotor where a small part nedds to be change + putting up a new radiator)
- electricical installations
- removing sand from a small basement (quit hard work, I would not expect anyone to do that all day long...)
- smaller jobs here and there.
The room has a beautiful view over the sea and your own terrace. I am not vegan, but eat a lot of vegetables. You can have meat if you want. I haven't had any helpers before but have lived in several communities and imagine that we will eat some meals together and some will be when ever you feel like eating.
If you a lover of nature Fejø is a great please to be. It has a lot of beautiful beaches and you can walk the Island around in one day if you are fit (28km). I have two bicycles. There a people renting out Kayaks and horses.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week