Newly refurbished rustic Yoga Beach House on the south-coast of Sri Lanka in Weligama.
We have 8 private double rooms, surrounding gardens and a very private spot for Yoga all with stunning views overlooking the ocean.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Staying with us means meeting lots of interesting and nice people as well as being part of a caring and familiar team. Our guesthouse and team is pretty small, so you are not a nameless workaway here, but a teammember. We are interested in your skills as well as your story, and want you to enjoy your time at our place you can get some knowledge about hospitality as well as running a hotel/retreat at one of Sri Lankas most popular beachtowns.
Hello from the Team,
When travel resumes we will be looking for friendly, sociable, volunteers with a can-do attitude to help with the following roles:
Our place is ranked one of the best Yoga retreats in Sri Lanka. We have a stunning Yoga Shala overlooking the ocean and take pride in the standard of classes that we provide.
Low season we offer two 90 minutes classes per day: 8am Vinyasa flow | 4pm relaxing Yin.During high season we offer more classes for drop-ins like sunrise yoga, moonlight yin etc.
If you are a certified YTT with a minimum of 2-5 years teaching experience and would like to travel and teach Yoga, please get in touch.
• Teach 4 days a week, 2 classes per day in high season (when we have 2 teachers) or 5 days a week, 2 classes per day
in low season when we have 1 yoga teacher
• Plan and prepare each class
• Advertise and promote classes in and around Weligama
• Welcome the guests and drop-ins before the class starts
• Take care of the Yoga payments
• Maintain the yoga shala, mats and props keeping them all clean and ready for use
• There might be times when we do not have a social host, during these times we are looking for someone flexible to
assist around the guest house with general duties, help with breakfast and take the guests out for social dinners.
We are looking for a social host to take good care of our guests. You will fit if you have great energy, are friendly, approachable and who loves to interact and socialize with the guests, but foremost make them feel welcome and at home.
• Work 5 days a week
• Welcome guests, check in check out
• Advise/book day trips, massages tuk-tuks, etc
• Assist with breakfast duties, food prep, serving, clearing away
• General reception admin duties, bookings, emails
• General day to day duties in and around the guest house
• Play games and interact with the guests
• Host social dinners;
The place is known for our ‘social dinners’. Most of our guests are solo travellers and enjoy interacting with each
other on an evening making new friends, we encourage all our guests to join. We take them to all the best local
restaurants in town. Occasional guests will have a few drinks with dinner, but we are not a party hostel.
You will be expected to take guests out 3-4 times a week but also be flexible and work with our ever-changing rota.
Social Media / Marketing / Photographers
We are always looking for social media/marketing gurus to help manage and leverage our social media platforms. We can trade with our breakfast feast and free Yoga classes, for a few hours of work per day.
Offer for Yoga Teacher and Social Host:
• Accommodation: during low season, a private room at our place with shared a bathroom is provided. During high
season we arrange accommodation for you close by, the room has a private bathroom and small garden but no
• Yoga teacher- 20% commission on the yoga classes (price per class is LKR 1.500 per person)
• Breakfast on the days you are working
• 2 days off per week
• Social dinner covered by us (not alcohol should you wish to drink)
• Yoga classes on the days you are not working if the class has free spaces
• There is plenty of free downtime during the day as we are a relaxed working establishment and most guests head
out for the day
• Minimum 1 month stay
We like our guests and staff to feel at home, the atmosphere is welcoming and friendly, and we all get along like a family. If you feel you would fit in and are what we are looking for please get in touch.
During low season, a private room at our place with shared a bathroom is provided. During high season
we arrange accommodation for you close by, the room has a private bathroom and small garden but no kitchen
Weligama, literally meaning ‘sandy village’ is a little piece of paradise where you can unwind and let the modern-day distractions become a distant memory. Growing in popularity with savvy travellers due to the near perfect all year-round weather, friendly locals, delicious local cuisine and picturesque sunsets …. what is there not to like. Also some of the best surf spots around Weligama are just a few minutes away, as well as lots of nice places to explore (for example Galle, Mirissa, Hikkaduwa).
We are happy to answer any questions
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
4 hours per day, 5 days a week