Since the beginning of 2017 we are renting a beautiful villa - which we turned around to be a chill B&B with 8 private rooms, yoga and surf- on the southcoast of Sri Lanka. We are looking for a social hosts and certified yoga teachers, please find more information below.
Cooking / shopping
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Staying with us means meeting lots of interesting and nice people as well as being part of a caring and familiar team. Our guesthouse and team is pretty small, so you are not a nameless workaway here, but a teammember. We are interested in your skills as well as your story, and want you to enjoy your time at our place :) you can get some knowledge about hospitality as well as running a hotel/retreat at one of Sri Lankas most popular beachtowns.
Hello lovely people! For our current season we are looking for friendly volunteers to help us with attending the following:
- We are looking for a social host for 5 days a week
- To be our social host means basically, to take good care of our guests: check them in & out, arrange tuktuks for them, advise them about day trips and just make them feel most welcome and well treated
- Take our guests out for a social dinner 3 days a week (we offer LKR 500 per dinner) and have a nice evening with them at local places or cool restaurants in the area
- We are looking for communicative and open-minded people, who love to interact and socialize with our lovely guests
- It would be very helpful if you can help the rest of the staff with reception and welcoming guest with a welcoming smile
- Please keep in mind tough, that we are not a hostel but a hotel with more mature and upper-class guests, so this is not a place to party and show a big hangover the day after
#Other tasks around the house that come with the social host position:
We do have 2 managers, 3 lovely local ladies and the best local gardener to clean the house and yard and help in the kitchen, they speak proper English and are happy to interact with you :). In addition to provide our guests a perfect stay, it would be nice, if you:
- Keep your eyes open: make sure the garden looks good, tide up if needed, of the shop, outside area etc.,
- Take pictures of our social dinners or the amazing breakfast or anything else you feel is worth being photographed to post on social media
If you have nice ideas for the shop, the food or the rooms, please let us know! We love it when you are proactive and share your ideas with us :)
We are ranked beneath the best Yogaretreats in Sri Lanka and are really proud of our beautiful serene yoga shala with an amazing ocean view. If you are a certified (minimum of 300 hours YTT) and experienced yoga teacher (minimum 3-5 years experience), we would love you to provide our guests with different classes:
- We offer an active morning class and a relaxing afternoon class, so we prefer teachers that are experienced in Vinyasa flow, Hatha, Yin and/or Restorative Yoga
- You are asked to teach on 3,5 days a week in high season when we have 2 teachers or 7 days a week in low season when we have 1 yoga teacher, each class should take around 90 min (you set them up)
- Please prepare each yoga class yourself
- Keep the yoga shala clean and free of water (if it rained you have to get up there 20 minutes before)
- Welcome the guests and drop-ins before the class starts
- Taking care of the payments before and/or after the class
- Administrate the yoga related income (and possible costs)
- Making sure all props and mats are clean and ready to use
- Take our guests out for a social dinner 3 days a week (we offer LKR 500 per dinner, see above)
We are a newly renovated yoga beach house located in Weligama looking for a videographer to shoot an intro video.
- You’ll be working alongside our in-house photographer to shoot and edit a short intro video.
- Shooting dates would be March 9-10th.
- In exchange we can offer one of our rooms for a week, free breakfast, and yoga classes.
- The purpose of the video is to show our property as well as the yoga experience we offer in a beautiful narrative.
- We can provide you with a storyboard or you’re welcome to present your own ideas on how best to shoot
- A drone is required for some of the shots we need.
- Yoga teachers, students, and all talents will be provided by us so all you have to do is come in and shoot.
##What we offer each volunteer:
- We are famous for our selfmade breakfast and are happy to let you join every day you are helping.
- During low season a nice and cozy room. During high season we arrange accommodation for you close to us or up to 20.000 per month if you would like to find your own accommodation
- You will have 2 days a week off
- Getting the LKR 500 paid at a social dinner
- For the Yoga teacher: 20% commission on the yoga-classes (price per class is LKR 1.500 per person)
- If you don’t need to help out feel free to join the yoga-class for free with a maximum of 5 classes per week
- If you offer treatments or something you would like to sell in our shop > please let us know, we are happy if you want to contribute to the offers for our guests! :)
- If you would like (a) day(s) off please come and talk to us
- You are welcome to be creative with events and extra services such as massages, meditation, reiki, workshops, making and selling stuff in our shop etc. This way you can earn some extra on the side > please consult with management
- You can teach at other places too, but only when it does not intervene your help with us.
We are friendly and really open-minded people who love to interact with our guests as well as our volunteers. As mentioned above, we are not a partyhostel, but want to provide our guests with a relaxed and social surrounding. We are looking for mature people, who see the tasks that have to be done as well as the ability to read a room. Some of our guests like to interact, some prefer to enjoy their time alone - we ask you to provide them with the amount of socializing they are looking for. Besides, you do have lot of time to yourself, as long as you make sure, that you are around the house if someone or something needs your attention. Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions coming to your mind, we will find a good arrangement for sure :)
Low season; A Nice, private room with a fan and shared bathroom. During high season; a nice, private room with a fan and private bathroom close us or up to 20.000 LKR to arrange accomodation yourself.
Sri Lanka is at the moment the new hype for travellers. And we know why! A paradise island with a lot to offer. Beautiful beaches, surfing and great food. Some of the best surf spots around Weligama are just a few minutes away, as well as lots of nice places to explore (for example Galle, Mirissa, Hikkaduwa). We can help you with arranging your trips and give advise what to explore around the area in your free time.
We are happy to answer your questions in terms of how to get here from different spots on the island :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
4 hours per day, 5 days a week