We are looking for:
1) A mother tongue ENGLISH TEACHER with some experience in education and interested in a long term stay.
2) SOMEBODY WHO IS NATURE LOVER, WITH ARTISTIC BACKGROUND TO HELP US AT THE FARM/B&B/SOAP MUSEUM.
We are Alessandro and Aga! Alessandro is Sicilian, 40 years old and Aga is Polish, 35 years old. Our philosophy is environmentally-friendly, we love nature and enjoy living an ecological and dynamic lifestyle.
We are open-minded and full of ideas, so we can offer you various activities :) If you want to help us to realize some of the projects and have some experience in sunny Sicily - join us!
There are two main projects:
1) To help at the Language and Cultural Center in Sciacca, a historical town in front of the sea. You have a unique chance to make this fantastic experience and a great challenge to contribute to let grow this international center in the Mediterranean area! We organize language courses of English, German, Italian, Polish, French, Spanish and other languages and a lot of cultural activities.
Now we need a mother tongue English teacher, preferably a young, enthusiastic, independend, sociable and creative person with some experience in education, working eith kids or in a school office.
AGA is the responsible person for the Language and Cultural Center, so if you are interested to be part of this project, please write the request writing in the object of the email: For AGA
2) To help at the farm (7 km away from Sciacca) surrounded by olive trees in the south west coast of Sicily. For these Eco projects in the farm we need any volunteers interested in the agriculture and ecological lifestyle in the Sicilian peaceful countryside. The farm is organized as an ECO-FARM with several permaculture projects active.
We also produce extra virgin olive oil and use it to formulate natural cosmetics and soaps, so you can help us as well in the harvest picking of the olives and laboratory work.
We started as well a B&B project in the farm house, so we need volunteers to help us in house cleaning and manteinance.
For this project, we require a MINIMUM STAY OF TWO WEEKS. The type of help in the farm is very diverse and depends mainly on the season. For example, between October and November, you will be more involved in olive harvest and between June and September in house cleaning and preparing the rooms for B&B guests, or at the Soap Museum.
If you decide to help at the farm, consider you will live in the countryside, in a peaceful area and there is no public transportation from here to Sciacca, even if I go to town almost every day and I can give for sure a ride.
ALESSANDRO is the responsible person for the farm, the museum, B&B and cosmetic laboratory activities, so if you are interested to be part of these projects, please write the request writing in the object of the email: For ALESSANDRO
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
This host offers accommodation and payment.
The help can be done directly in the farm-house for the Eco projects or
in the Language and Cultural Centre for the teaching project.
1. Work in the Language and Cultural Center:
- run the English classes (adults and/or kids),
- help with some marketing activities, help to develop the school and office rooms & decorate it in a nice and creative way,
- help to organize some cultural events,
- help with English Summer Camp in June/July 2019 (teachers or coordinators with experience in teaching kids and teenagers)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEACHERS INTERESTED ALSO IN A LONG TERM STAY.
2. Work in the organic farm:
- picking fruits and vegetables,
- help in our Natural Cosmetics Lab,
- help at the Soap Museum,
- general house maintenance.
- house cleaning
Italian, English, Polish, German, French
According to the type of project you apply for, there are two different accomodation:
1) If you choose to help at the Language and Cultural Center, we offer accommodation in the flat with other teachers/helpers in a single or shared room. Bathroom and kitchen are shared.
2) If you choose to help at the farm in the countryside, we offer accomodation in a double room shared with another volunteer. Bathroom and kitchen are in common.
Food is included, you can enjoy the meals with us or cook by yourself if you want to be more independent.
We believe in the world harmony and love to create a nice equilibrium in all we do. We are active people, full of passions and different interests. We are careful to live our life as a part of the natural environment. In the farm house we produce our energy from solar panels on the roof of the house. We have a module to purify wastewaters with the help of plants. We eat simple food and try to produce our own vegetables and fruits. We dont watch a lot TV but we have computers to watch films and there is the possibility to use the internet.
Sciacca, where there is the Language Center, is a town on the southwestern coast of Sicily with noteworthy views of the Mediterranean Sea and a big fishing port.
Please NOTE that there is also the possibility to be involved in both projects, as we like to create a big group of international nice people!!!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: