*️️️ We are currently looking for a graphic designer to help us come up with new designs for our products. Join our family and let your imagination run free! *️️️
We urgently need someone to come and teach english. If you are in Peru, please get in touch with us. Ideally from the 10th July in a local school to teach children between 8-14 years old. No prior experience required, they are near-complete beginners and learn vocabulary such as animals, classroom/household items, food, etc. Only 2 hours per day on week days.
We are a small artisan family in Ayacucho - we are looking for someone who can 1) teach english and 2) play with kids and 3) help us sell our products abroad. In return you can experience an authentic Peruvian life by becoming part of our family, practise Spanish, and learn our artesania techniques!
Help with Computers / internet
Who We Are and What We Do!
We are a family of artisans that specializes in textile using weaving machines, handmade embroidery and accessories. We make accesories such as headbands, belts, and bags, as well as decorative handicrafts. With our work, we try to help people living in poverty in our region and we currently give work to more than 60 people that always count in our help to sustain their families. We try to spread our art all around the world.
Our projects and dreams:
- Start English classes for kids living in the countryside around Ayacucho.
- Spread our art beyond Peru by selling our products overseas, all over the world. We want to sell our artesania in other countries, as well as start an online business to sell our artisan products overseas.
- Start an NGO to help the women (to whom we give work) and their families living in poverty.
- And finally, our long term big project is to start a volunteering organisation to help kids living in poverty in this area.
We have lots of projects going on and are looking for people who can help us out‼️ In return, you can experience and learn about Peruvian culture and way of life; be part of an awesome, loving family; learn our traditional artisan techniques and skills; learn and practice Spanish and Quechua…and most importantly, have lots of fun‼️
Who we are looking for:
- Someone to teach English to kids in the countryside around Ayacucho. Minimum stay is two weeks. We would prefer that you know some basic Spanish.
- We are actively looking for someone with design experience to help us with our products! You would work side by side and help create unique designs for us to sell overseas.
- Someone who can help us with selling our products abroad – in other countries and/or on line…so knowledge about marketing, exportation, online business, creating websites, etc. Also if you have contacts with people or organizations who may be able to help us sell in other countries, that would really help.
- Also anyone with knowledge about setting up NGOs and volunteering organizations would be great!
In addition, we want to learn English as well, so it´d be great if you can teach us in our house‼️!
- Someone who can help us with social media, to create short videos, articles and photography for our blog and website.
We are accepting Workawayers all year round. We are looking for someone who is preferably native English speaker or intermediate to advance English speaker, also who is enthusiastic about Peruvian culture, computer savvy, open minded, and patient.
IMPORTANT IMFORMATION...PLEASE READ!!!
- If you can, please write to us in Spanish (if you dont know any spanish, you can write to us in English but we will probably be using google translate to write back to you...)
- When you write to us, please tell us exactly when you'd like to come, and exactly how long you'd. like to stay for. There are lots of volunteers writing to us, wanting to come...which is absolutely great, we're very happy :) but because of this, we need to know exactly when you'd like to be here, to make it easier for us to coordinate and see whether we have space.
- Please also specify what kind of help you can offer us when you write to us (teach English, help us with our business, or perhaps you know a skill which you can share with us...)
What We Offer You!
An authentic Peruvian experience like no other! We live in a traditional Peruvian house, you will be provided with your own room, although we may be lacking in a few comforts of the city life, what we provide instead is a friendly, cozy, and caring home to stay. We live in a community 15 minutes walk from Ayacucho city center or only 5 minutes by mototaxi (2 soles roughly $0.65 USD)
Additionally, We are willing to share with you our traditional artisan techiniques, and skills. We can teach you Spanish, and a Pervuian ancient language; Quechua. We also cook traditional Pervuian meals and will share the recipe with you; Puca, Pachamanca, Chicharrones and much more. We are also familar with most tourist area and sights (museums, Wari, Quinua etc) which we can show you around during your downtime.
Volunteers can work flexible hours, depending on the person and the kind of work they enjoy.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: