We are two families living in a house that used to be a small farm in the country side of french speaking Switzerland. We have 6 children (2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2008, 2011) that we are homeschooling, which takes time and brings a lot of joy and adventures! We are part of a group of 30 families that are homeschooling partly together their children in a old factory. We also have a big garden with fruit trees and vegetables as we try to produce an important part of our food ourselves. Our house is not connected to the electrical red and we produced our own energy with solar panels and heat with our own wood. Our small community is very dynamic and lively, centered around our projects about alternative education and ecology.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
We are a very lively small community with much energy, ideas, practices and experience, especially about education and ecology. We have traveled a lot and we appreciate knowing new people and cultural diversity. We live in a beautiful place in the country side, but we are close to everything (in 10 minutes cycling and 25 minutes train you're in Lausanne). We know quite well our region, culturally and naturally, and we can help you discover its beauty and points of interest in many different ways.
You may bring different kind of support:
1. In our educational projects of homeschooling our kids at home... or bringing yours;
2. In the association of 30 homeschooling families that we are part of and where we go 2 or 3 days per week (supporting our collective educational projects, bringing your ideas and sharing your talents, helping in maintenance and cleaning of the place, ...);
3. In our domestic tasks: cleaning, cooking, baby-sitting,...;
4. In the big garden to help growing our vegetables;
5. In the maintenance, improvement and renovation of our house;
6. In helping to prepare the wood we need to heat in the winter.
FRENCH, SWISS GERMAN, SPANISH, english, german.
We have a big collective room (that is not directly part of the main flat) that we use for different activities. It has a relatively big (but not very high) mezzanine where you will sleep. There is room to share for up 6 persons to sleep. There is wood heating and cold water in this room but no toilets nor shower, for that you must come in the main flat, just having to walk around the house.
Our region is beautiful and has a lot to discover, especially if you like beautiful landscapes and nature. it's great for those who like walking or cycling, but also if you're found of culture, as we are close to Lausanne, Geneva, Bern and other place of interest.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: