Favourited 636 times
Hello and welcome!
For the fall season we are looking for folks who would like to come and stay with us to help with homestead projects such as mulching/composting the orchard, getting the garden ready for winter, stacking firewood ect. Depending on your skills and past experience you may be operating machinery (tractors, chainsaw, brush cutters, weed-wackers).
We can only accept volunteers with a car/van as we are a bit isolated and buses can be difficult to use. Volunteers will have accommodations provided in a separate home on the farm. You'll be given weekly grocery money and do all your own cooking. Please respond with your experience and dates of stay. Please note we only book 1 month in advance - thank you!!
We are a family of 4 and are located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. Our Certified Organic farm is 73 acres and we have devoted our lives to raising animals on pasture to produce the highest quality meat and milk products. The 2019 season is almost over, so at the moment we only have a herd of beef cows and a small flock of laying hens for ourselves. We also have a milk cow for home use to make our own butter and yogurt.
We love sharing our passion for regenerative agriculture with travelers from around the world! Our goal is to provide a fun and interesting work environment where you can learn the "ins and outs" of pasture based farming on Canadian farm. Come stay with us and experience life on Canada's beautiful west coast!
- Our farm has a beautiful 2 acre pond with a paddle boat where you can see wildlife such as beavers.
- We are surrounded by a wonderful bike trail system that leads to the Tsolum River for swimming on hot days
- Sunday nights we enjoy beers and a fire at our fire pit outside
- Monday nights we host a group dinner in our home with food from the farm
- We are 10km from Miracle Beach nature park and sandy Saratoga beach.
- Nymph Falls is 25 minutes away, (our favorite place to go!) with amazing swimming and cliff jumping.
- Close by is Mount Washington, is the best mountain on the Island for hiking, snowboarding and skiing.
- We are next door to one of the biggest Wineries in the Comox Valley, Coast Black Winery.
Help with Eco project
Organic Pasture Raised Poultry and Pig Production
Mananagment Intensive Grazing
100% Grassfed Beef Production
Marketing through a monthly meat box and Farmer's Market
Organic Garden and Orchard
Opportunity to live and work with travelers from all over the world.
Learn new languages and skills.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
- will be helping with multiple species of livestock in a pasture setting on a daily basis
- depending on experience may operate various types of equipment including tractor, skid steer, truck and trailer, hand tools.
- work with a small crew of team members on various farm tasks
- washing packing eggs
- may be involved in other aspects of the farm that could include selling product, packing/labeling product, farmers market vending
Private bedrooms are available in a shared mobile home.
2 Private RV's are also available for short term team members.
Use of common areas kitchen/living room and utilities are included (electricity, wifi, heat, etc.)
Bedding is also included so you don't have to bring your own!
Our team members get to experience life in one of the most beautiful places in Canada -- Vancouver Island. The Comox Valley area around us has beautiful beaches, rivers, forests, hiking, snowboarding/skiing on Mount Washington, surfing, whale watching, fishing and more.
We are located about a 10 minute car ride to the closest amenities and 20 minutes from Courtenay, a city of 30,000 people. A personal vehicle is suggested if you want to explore Vancouver Island. If you don't bring a vehicle, there are bus systems to get you around and we have bikes for your use.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT OFFER VISA INVITATION LETTERS*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️WE DO NOT ACCEPT SMOKERS*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week.