Favourited 789 times
From April 19th
Looking for a NON SMOKING couple or singles to come and help on our homestead starting in April. We are preferably looking for longer term stays, at least a month. We have working (but friendly!) livestock guardians and cats so can't accept pets.
Hello and welcome to the West Coast of Canada!
☀️ Spring is here and our family is looking for a couple or 2 singles to help around our farm. homestead, orchard and garden! We ask for 25 hours a week in exchange for grocery money and accommodations in a private home on our farm.
***Please note that a car for getting around to the grocery store and exploring the area is required as we are a 30 minutes from town (Courtenay) and 15 minutes from a grocery store.***
Accommodations are provided in the 2nd home on the farm. We provide $200/week for couples ($100 for singles) for groceries so you will do all your own cooking and once a week we share a meal in our home.
We are a family of 5 and are located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. Our Certified Organic farm is 73 acres and we have devoted our lives to raising animals on pasture to produce the highest quality meat and milk products. We have a herd of beef cows, laying hens, ducks, geese and 3 milk cows. We make our own butter, yogurt and cheeses. During the pasture season we raise heritage hogs on pasture and meat chickens. We also have 2 friendly great pyrenees dogs.
We love sharing our passion for organic regenerative agriculture with travelers from around the world! Our goal is to provide a fun and interesting work environment to our volunteers in exchange for hard work.
- Our farm has a beautiful 2 acre pond with a paddle boat where you can see wildlife such as beavers.
- We are surrounded by a wonderful bike trail system that leads to the Tsolum River for swimming on hot days.
- There is a fire pit for volunteers for after work and enjoying with a cold beer.
- We try to host a group dinner once a week in our log home with food from the farm to visit and get to know each other.
- We are 10km from Miracle Beach nature park and sandy Saratoga beach.
- Nymph Falls is 25 minutes away, (a favorite place to go!) with amazing swimming and cliff jumping.
- We are right under Mount Washington, the the best mountain on the Island for hiking, snowboarding, skiing, zipline
- We are next door to one of the biggest Wineries in the Comox Valley, Coast Black Winery and have many other wineries in the area
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
Mananagment Intensive Grazing
Organic Garden and Orchard
Learn new languages and skills.
- Milking our family dairy cow
- Collecting eggs and feeding the family laying hens
- Landscape maintenance such as brush cutting/weed whacking
- Homestead maintenance such as chopping/stacking firewood.
- Assisting with planting, weeding our home garden.
- Mulching/composting/weeding our home orchard.
- Building projects
- Other animal help
Private 2nd home on the farm.
Private RV's are also available for volunteers who will share the mobile home for common areas/kitchen.
We have high speed WIFI!
Use of common areas kitchen/living room and utilities are included (electricity, wifi, heat, etc.)
Bedding is also included so you don't have to bring your own!
Our team members get to experience life in one of the most beautiful places in Canada -- Vancouver Island. The Comox Valley area around us has beautiful beaches, rivers, forests, hiking, snowboarding/skiing on Mount Washington, surfing, whale watching, fishing and more.
We are located about a 10 minute car ride to the closest amenities and 20 minutes from Courtenay, a city of 30,000 people. A personal vehicle is needed to get your groceries.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT OFFER VISA INVITATION LETTERS*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️WE DO NOT ACCEPT SMOKERS or PETS*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: