Favourited 736 times
Looking for a couple to come and help on our homestead starting Oct 1st.
Hello and welcome to the West Coast of Canada!
☀️ Fall is here and our family is looking for a couple to help around our homestead, orchard and garden! We ask for 25 hours a week (9am to 12pm/1pm to 3pm) in exchange for food and accommodations in a private home on our farm.
***Please note that a car for getting around to the grocery store and exploring the area is required as we are a 30 minutes from town (Courtenay), 15 minutes from a grocery store.***
Last year we were blessed with being able to move into our log home on the farm, so we now have a 2nd home to offer to volunteers! Accommodations are provided in the 2nd home on the farm. We provide $100/week for groceries so you will do all your own cooking and once a week we share a meal in our home.
We are a family of 5 and are located in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. Our Certified Organic farm is 73 acres and we have devoted our lives to raising animals on pasture to produce the highest quality meat and milk products. We have a small herd of beef cows, a few laying hens, ducks, geese and 2 milk cows for home use to make our own butter and yogurt. During the pasture season we raise heritage hogs on pasture and meat chickens.
We love sharing our passion for regenerative agriculture with travelers from around the world! Our goal is to provide a fun and interesting work environment to our volunteers.
- Our farm has a beautiful 2 acre pond with a paddle boat where you can see wildlife such as beavers.
- We are surrounded by a wonderful bike trail system that leads to the Tsolum River for swimming on hot days.
- There is a fire pit for volunteers for after work and enjoying with a cold beer.
- We try to host a group dinner once a week in our log home with food from the farm to visit and get to know each other.
- We are 10km from Miracle Beach nature park and sandy Saratoga beach.
- Nymph Falls is 25 minutes away, (our favorite place to go!) with amazing swimming and cliff jumping.
- We are right under Mount Washington, the the best mountain on the Island for hiking, snowboarding and skiing.
- We are next door to one of the biggest Wineries in the Comox Valley, Coast Black Winery.
Mananagment Intensive Grazing
Organic Garden and Orchard
Opportunity to live and work with travelers from all over the world.
Learn new languages and skills.
- Homestead maintenance such as chopping/stacking firewood.
- Assisting with planting, weeding our home garden.
- Mulching/composting/weeding our home orchard.
Private bedroom available in 2nd home on the farm.
Private RV's are also available for volunteers who will share the mobile home for common areas/kitchen.
Use of common areas kitchen/living room and utilities are included (electricity, wifi, heat, etc.)
Bedding is also included so you don't have to bring your own!
Our team members get to experience life in one of the most beautiful places in Canada -- Vancouver Island. The Comox Valley area around us has beautiful beaches, rivers, forests, hiking, snowboarding/skiing on Mount Washington, surfing, whale watching, fishing and more.
We are located about a 10 minute car ride to the closest amenities and 20 minutes from Courtenay, a city of 30,000 people. A personal vehicle is suggested if you want to explore Vancouver Island. If you don't bring a vehicle, there are bus systems to get you around and we have bikes for your use.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT OFFER VISA INVITATION LETTERS*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️WE DO NOT ACCEPT SMOKERS*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: