We are a non-profit foundation that runs an independent, co-educational and intercultural school. Our school celebrates diversity along with academic excellence in Borneo, Indonesia. We aim to make changes in the education world, not only to ensure the children excel in the use of the English language but also to teach and maintain eastern values with western techniques so that we can create optimal results in our students.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Help with Eco Projects
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We offer a free accommodation and free internet during the day.
This is an interesting opportunity offering the chance to:
- Engage in playing and learning activities with 2 – 16-year-olds and to enhance their communication and interactive skills with this age group
- Develop their knowledge of the Early Years Programme
- Gain experience working as part of a team of qualified teachers and staff
- Have fun working with small children and their caregivers
- Learn interesting information related to our topics
- Cultural exchange where they could learn about the culture and interact more with local people
- Chance for learning the local language
We are expecting volunteers from around the world to come to help the children at our school. We accept any kind of help (language practice, computer/internet, eco project, art project, science project, teaching, child care, music, dance, general maintenance, charity work, etc.) Any skills with an educational background would be greatly appreciated.
It is a sharing house with 2-3 bedrooms. The accommodation is in a separate location, not far from the school.
Since we are in Borneo, Indonesia, we recommend that the volunteers should visit the orangutan, the Dayak people, the magnificent Mahakam river, Derawan Island, and other places of interest in Borneo.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week