INNER CITY MELBOURNE HOME
A peaceful and relaxing home in an inner city Melbourne suburb with easy access to the sights of Melbourne. Very close to CBD/downtown, Newport Lakes and the Williamstown beach. There is a bus stop 60 seconds from the front door and a train station a short walk away that is only a few stops into the CBD.
My home is a ‘No smoking, No drug and No alcohol’ home. (If you smoke you can smoke outside.)
I am a professional, community minded mid 40's woman. I naturally gravitate towards people who are open-hearted, generous of spirit and self aware. Most of the people I surround myself with are making a positive difference in the world or are on a spiritual or personal growth journey of some kind.
I value heart felt, emotionally intimate connections with friends and associates. I enjoy people. I love going out listening to music, theatre and dancing. I am fit, eat healthily and appreciate being outdoors in nature.
If you think you can make a positive contribution in my home and that we have some things in common then please get in touch - I would love to hear from you. I offer short term 5 day stays but may also consider longer stays - just ask and I can let you know if it is possible or not.
Please make an initial enquiry by email and...
(a) State what skills and experience you have;
(b) State how you believe you can assist me through the Workaway exchange;
(c) State the date you would like to arrive and the length of time you would like to stay.
Please leave a way for me to contact you on whatsapp, skype, Australian phone number or whatever contact method you are comfortable.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️Please do not enquire without stating how you believe you can assist. Thank you.*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
Check In/Arrival Time at my home is between 1.00pm and 5.00pm. An arrival time outside of these times can be arranged, so please ask and I can let you know what can be arranged.
Upon arrival you are required to:-
- Fill in a Personal Details form.
- Have your passport photocopied.
If you have a generous and giving nature and are willing and happy to share your skills and make a valued contribution in my home then we are the right match.
DIY and building projects
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
My home is close to the centre of Melbourne and also the beach, a small lake and an artsy village. I have a decent knowledge of Melbourne that I will happily share with you and make sure you have a brilliant stay in this gorgeous city.
I need some help with a few community initiatives I am involved in - all of which make the world a better place. A couple of examples of these initiatives are: a film to inspire people to make a positive difference in the world and a music club for singers. Some of the skills that would be useful to these projects are:-
- Web Development (Wordpress experience)
- Backend Developer
- Graphic Design and Photoshopping
- Film Editing (Advanced skill level in Adobe Premiere and After Effects)
- Writing and editing
I could also use a bit of help around my home, such as:
- Handyman and painting (walls inside a house)
- Trimming Trees
- Gardening/Cleaning/Home Duties
- Have a good work ethic and be able to help unsupervised and be able to use your initiative.
- Take pride in your work.
- Be a willing volunteer.
- Be tidy and clean up after yourself.
There will be a set time each day (mostly starting in the mornings) for you to perform your volunteer work. There can be some flexibility with this, if needed.
My home is ideal for you if you are a generous spirited, open hearted, emotionally mature person with a good sense of humour.
You will have:-
- a private room
- a bathroom with shower
- Wi-fi internet (limited)
- laundry facilities
- use of kitchen for meal preparation
What is close by?
An easy drive to Melbourne and Werribee Zoo, the Melbourne Aquarium, Flemington Racecourse, Telstra Dome, Docklands, MCG, Royal Botanical Gardens or for those wanting to explore local attractions, my home is within walking distance of ScienceWorks and quaint Williamstown with its lovely Victorian homes and swimming beach.
Only half a kilometre drive to the Westgate Freeway, the gateway to the Eastern suburbs and this freeway leads in the opposite direction to Werribee Open Range Zoo, Geelong and Victoria's magnificent Great Ocean Road.
• Local shops and cafes (0.5kms)
• Newport Lakes (1km)
• Scienceworks Museum (2.5kms)
• Yarraville Village & Restaurants (3kms)
• Historic Sun Theatre – the funkiest and cosiest mini multiplex cinema complex in the known universe (3kms)
• Indoor Swimming Pool & Gym (3.5kms)
• Beachside suburb of Williamstown (3.5kms)
• Footscray Precinct, Footscray Market and a plethora of international restaurants (5.5kms)
• Cherry Lake (7kms)
• Altona Beach (7kms)
• Albert Park (Formula 1 Grand Prix) (10kms)
• Port Melbourne (Seaside suburb and shopping)(9kms)
• South Melbourne (shopping precinct) (9kms)
• Melbourne Casino (9kms)
• Melbourne Exhibition Centre (9kms)
• Melbourne CBD (9kms or 6 train stops)
• Southbank on Yarra River (9kms)
• Federation Square (9kms)
• Melbourne Zoo (12kms)
• St Kilda (15kms)
• Airport (30 minutes by car)
• Werribee Open Range Zoo & Historic Mansion (23kms)
• Great Ocean Road & Torquay (1 hour 10 mins drive by car)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
3 hours per day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: