Favourited 66 times
Please read the FULL listing:)-, before you contact me, please :))
Welcome to my home in the heart of the small but beautiful city of Kochi (Kerala, South India) blessed with off beat beaches and backwater lands around. Beautiful village regions are as close as 20 - 30 minutes away.
You could help with any of the following, in exchange for Accommodation and home cooked Food and More:).
A - FRENCH - I travel to France every year and I really would like to learn French. I already know some words and sentences in French
B - MASSAGE - I started working as a masseur when in France, and thanks to some friends whom I hosted who organise me massages in their city, I manage to travel in Europe, once a year now. I really wish to gain more knowledge, learn different styles, concepts and approaches to massage.
Should you like to learn my style, am also happy to share my knowledge.
C- CLEANING - I can't find time and energy to keep my small place clean. You could help with the details. No need to lift heavy things and such :).
I have volunteered myself in France and Spain, so I know how you feel and you will be a friend in my home, be assured.
Kochi International airport is well connected with most prominent airlines/airports from around the world.
I am a simple human, living a very simple life , with a heart aspiring to be a free spirit.
I like to Give Respect, Care, Love, Support and empathy, without expecting it back.
During my travels, I have always enjoyed the talks with locals, their wisdom,companionship and emotional support which helped me learn and change. Happy to give back .
J'adore simplicity, honesty and Compassion.
Love markets, having tea from small roadside shops during bike rides, listening and talking, observing people. Am fine with both in/outdoors.
Not into parties / posh eateries or gadgets.
Converted myself into being rational and open minded after having born and brought up in a fanatically religious family.
Was a Pro photographer till 2007, did exhibitions in Sydney and Nice.
For 10 years, I helped running an internationally renowned Indian cultural centre
I work in Travel, in India :: In France and/or where I travel, I do Massage.
My partner was French and thanks to her, I was introduced into open-relations and Polyamory, in which I believe in, now. May I say that I am kind of proud of the change I went through from a typical patriarchal and misogynistic, nationalistic Indian to now. I still have miles to go.
-to discuss Social issues / justice , International affairs, India culture and so on
Massage has become a passion
Photography - even if I don't take pictures anymore
Am a football fan. I love FC Barcelona and Leo Messi.
Love watching movies, from around the world.
''Capitalism will cut down the tree, if it can’t sell its shadow''
Help in the house
- You can live in my home and have home cooked food in exchange.
- I have a motor bike and if I can manage time, I can give you bike rides to the beaches, backwater areas or around the city itself
- I can give Massages, free of course, introducing you into Ayurvedic oils, but a different style though. Am glad to practice, so will give massage with pleasure. Its also a heartful way for me to thank you for your help.
- Am more than happy for conversations with you. I can discuss with you on almost any topic about India, even its multiple hard truths or about International affairs. I can recommend you books or movies, the latter we could watch together too. I have a good collection of movies and tv serials from around the world.
- If you like to improve your core health, I can help you with exercises.
- I can give you expert travel advice for India/Sri Lanka/Vietnam as am myself a travel professional.
- I can help you with photography tips.
You could help with any of the options:-
A - FRENCH - Even some sentences and words would be good enough; we could spend 1 hour or so in the morning, before I go to work.
B - MASSAGE - I am eager to gain more knowledge, learn different styles and different ways of thinking and approaching massage. After my work and dinner.
C- CLEANING - You could help with the details. No heavy lifting and such :). ;you may pick the time you want to work.
I go for work around 1 -2 pm and is back by 10 -11 pm. So your dinner would be late. You would be going to sleep too, a bit late. You can sleep late for sure.
English. Some words in French, Tamil, bits of Hindi plus my mother tongue Malayalam
My flat has only one bed room and a living room. You can sleep in the bed room (Non AC). I will sleep in the living room floor. There is one bathroom, to share, which is accessible only from the bed room. i will provide you with linen too.
My flat is located on the 7th floor and there is a lift, but not guaranteed to work 24 hours, 7 days a week.
I am not a good cook. But I will make morning tea and cook you lunch and dinner.
- AM FORMALLY REGISTERED WITH THE INDIA GOVT FRRO(foreigners registration) AND I SUBMIT THE C FORM, ONLINE. PLEASE KEEP A XEROX OF YOUR PASSPORT AND VISA PAGE TO HELP ME DO THIS - There is a photocopy place right below the flat This is obligatory by law. I agree most people in India don't do this....
- If you do not have any interest in the culture or life or host and cant spend some time for some conversations or exchanges with me, then please do not contact me.
- If you are strictly into early sleeping then my home is NOT ideal for you.
ABOUT KOCHI & visits possible:
Kochi is made up of many islands, even if the main city Ernakulam is on the main land, there are many attraction within the nearby islands.
You can explore the city, which has a nice market, the charming Broadway, and the leisurely Marine drive.
Fort Kochi, the historic part, is just a 20 minutes ferry boat ride away and costs just Rs.4 one way.
You can reach the Cherai beach in a one hour bus ride, means you could visit the beach every day if you want a swim in the warm water!
You can enjoy a day trip to the beautiful backwater region of Alleppey, arguably the most beautiful nature attraction in India.
You can make day trip to Athirappally waterfalls
These day trips can be easily done with public transport and will not cost you more than Rs.300 per day (4 Euros)
Lots of transport options available. Bus station, Railway, Metro, Ferry everything is just 3 - 20 minutes walk away.
Lots of eating out options too.
You could also take trips to Munnar, a tea county or Periyar National park or Varkala beach - spending at least 1 night in the place
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 1-2hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: