We have space from 27th August to 15th November so if you want to fill some or all of that time, get in touch!
Come enjoy exploring and working in the beautiful coastal city of Newcastle, and hang out with two bubbly boys!
About our home:
Our home is a lovely 20 minute bike ride along the river into Newcastle city center and beaches. It’s also a short walk to Islington park, and the busy restaurant and pub strip, Beaumont St.
Your host is a 37 year old environmental scientist and my two sons, Tasman (10) and Eden (2). We are a friendly family and enjoy playing games, cooking and nature.
The house is a cottage in a great location, an easy bike or bus ride into Newcastle and the beaches.
Your accommodation is your own studio separate but close to the main house, with bathroom and facilities in the main house. We generally sit down to share dinner and breakfast together and the rest of the day we have a well stocked fridge and pantry of healthy foods to help yourself from. We have a lovely claw foot bath, large garden and Wifi.
We also have a very friendly cat called meow meow who loves a tummy tickle, a rabbit called HoneyBunny and three cheerful chooks
About the work:
The work is 4 hours per day for week days (max 25 hours) per week (depending how long you stay). I will also pay $100 cash per week. Am looking for longer term stays, ideally one month or more. If it works out, you're welcome to stay indefinitely and you'd have time to work a second job in the Newcastle area.
Work may include:
- three days of the week being home at 2.30pm for my son to be dropped home from school
- playing with the boys for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening while I am getting ready for work or cooking dinner
- general household work like cleaning, cooking
- maybe basic renovations (painting etc)
- What else you like to do! If you have specific skills, we'd love to put them to use!
This position would suit single or couple who like kids, and enjoy having some time to themselves.
How to apply:
If you're interested in joining us, please email your proposed dates and a little about yourself. If you have reviews or references please also send them.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
We love to socialise, playing board games, cooking, chatting. we will share with you anything you need to know about Newcastle and practice your English.
Childcare, general house care, gardening
Your own studio with queen size bed. Shared kitchen, bathroom.
Newcastle is a really wonderful city
- so many beautiful clean beaches - some busy with cafes and life savers, others solitary and peaceful
- lots of bike paths - visitors will have access to their own bike to use
- Blackbutt free wildlife park - worth a visit!
- an easy train ride to lake macquarie or 2.5 hours to sydney
- Newcastle is part of the Hunter Valley which is a famous wine growing region
- Our house is a short distance from a large park with kids playground, basketball courts, river bike paths and more!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
4 hours per day
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: