We are a family of 4, a couple (38-50) and two guys (15-22). Nature and animal lovers!!! We own a tourist office and hostel located almost in the heart of our beautiful city and we need help in two of our projects – your help will vary based on the option you pick (will have fun with all of them!): 1) cleaning the lands that we sell, 2) help in tourist office and the next-door hostel. You can visit many interesting spots here such as our active volcano, 2 national parks (PN Villarrica and PN Huerquehue), several hot springs, lakes (we live 2 blocks from one of them), rivers and waterfalls.
Cooking / shopping
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
1) clean the lands that should serve as a place to build property (house, cabin)
- manual work – cut and remove dead tree branches or shrubs so the place stays natural (work with saw, chain saw, machete..)
2) help in tourist office and the next-door hostel.
- most of the time you will be working with people (sale of excursions, help with web pages, help with information about the city (do not worry about it is a small town, you will know its streets in less than a week), hostel tasks, etc.
When contacting the host, please indicate which type of work you prefer.
You will practice Spanish
In your spare time you can use public transportation at low cost to visit places of great beauty
You'll have internet connection
If you like cooking, fruits and vegetables will be available at your disposal.
Spanish, very little English
1) Work in the lands – you can choose to stay at our hostel, work 3 full days and have 4 days off, or you can camp on the property which is being cleaned and work 5 hours a day, 5 days a week (the properties are often too far to go back and forth after 5 hours of work, moreover, the places are often closet o national parks so you can enjoy your days off there). You need to cook on your own with provided fruits and vegetables in both options.
2) Work in the tourist office+hostel – you will stay in a shared room with other volunteers in the hostel (up to six beds)
Share room (mixed room volunteers)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week