Usually responds within 3 days
HELLO! This is a non-profit farm situated on 500 acres in Australia’s picturesque Hunter Valley, renowned for it’s vineyards and natural beauty. Our focus is to care for our environment by looking after our 70 cows for the natural duration of their lives. We practise organic farming and thoughtful sustainable living. Our community consists of 12 dedicated residents who are excited to be building something meaningful while cultivating a happy, meditative lifestyle. We would love you to be part of our community for a little or a long while.
Our farm is based on the teachings of bhakti yoga, part of an ancient Indian philosophy, which emphasises selfless service and respect for Mother Earth and all species of life. We practise love and non-violent behaviour to all.
Our beautiful temple is our sacred wisdom centre. We are always open to the public and we offer free vegetarian lunches to the many people who come to visit. Festivals are held regularly, which attract guests mainly from the Sydney and Newcastle areas to celebrate, sing and dance with us.
Types of help and learning opportunitiesCharity WorkArt ProjectsLanguage practiceHelp with Eco ProjectsGardeningDIY and building projectsAnimal CareFarmstay helpCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelp around the houseGeneral MaintenanceHelp with Computers/ Internet
UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
There are few things that we consider quite unique about our farm:
- Love that we put into everything that we do here
- Cow protection program (seeing mother cow as very precious)
- Teachings about ancient Indian philosophy (Bhakti yoga) and applying into our daily lives on the farm (we have a temple and hold daily programs- they are not mandatory :) )
- Workshops and common activities with volunteers: workshop about meditation, ancient Indian teachings; feeding cows together and meditating; sharing circles; kirtans (singing meditation accompanied by instruments)
- Living in a pure and loving relationship with all living entities
- Organic farming
- Montly festivals
We offer and share all this with you. You are more than welcome to participate in our temple program, attend classes if you are curious and have some questions about spirituality :).
INTERESTED? LET US TELL YOU MORE:
We are looking for inquisitive, positive people to help the growth of our community. The farm is in Millfield, less than one hour west of Newcastle and approximately two hours from Sydney. There are many work opportunities available to you to develop practical skills in a range of endeavours.
We have a large organic vegetable and flower garden, new orchard, animal care, ongoing building projects, guesthouse and general maintenance, fencing and opportunities to assist our ayurvedic chefs in the kitchen.
Our farm is friendly and open, a great place for solo volunteers, for couples or for groups of friends. At the farm there are plenty of opportunities to socialise over communal meals or while working. This beautiful environment also offers plenty of chances for quiet reflection. Our community is enriched by its diversity of people from different journeys and we appreciate the uniqueness of each of them. The farms secret formula is love. So come and share it with us and help us spread it further.
WHAT WE OFFER IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR HELP:
- Delicious vegetarian meals
- Accommodation: furnished share rooms for females, a furnished tent for males or couples. You are also welcome to stay in your own van or tent.
- Share bathrooms (female and male separate)
- Washing machine and free washing powder
- Early morning meditation sessions, kirtan and
teachings in bhakti yoga for those interested plus more optional kirtan in the evenings before dinner
- Communion with our 70 beautiful cows, 15 peacocks and 2 goats
- Opportunities to learn new skill sets in kitchen work, building projects, animal care, general maintenance, organic farming, hospitality
- Excursions to explore local culture such as the quaint village of Wollombi, the Hunter Valley Gardens, Indigenous art and culture, various national parks
- Opportunities to make new friends
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- do you have an interest in farm life
- are you happy to offer 5 hours of service 5 days a week
- are you willing to make a commitment to stay for a minimum of 2 weeks
- are you happy to do a detox during your stay with us and only consume vegetarian food, refrain from intoxicants (drugs, alcohol, cigarettes), observe celibacy and practise non-violent, respectful behaviour towards all while on the farm
We offer a spacious shared room (female only), furnished tents (male only and couples) for our Workawayers. You are also more than welcome to stay in your van or have a tent pitched somewhere.
We have shared bathrooms (female and male separate). Washing machine and washing powder is for free to use.
What else ...
GETTING HERE and AROUND
* Nearest bus stop is in Millfield or train stop in Morrisett
* If you do not have your own car please let us know and we can arrange transport for you from the bus stop or train station
* Access to supermarkets and other services is15 minutes away by car
- We do not provide visa invitations and also our farm is not eligible for the visa extensions (WHV)
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Can host digital nomads
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
Space for parking camper vans
You can park your campervan near shared facilities :)
How many Workawayers can stay?
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week