Come help us on our home and garden renovation projects at our rural waterfront location. We are a family of 4 with 2 sporty fun-loving kids, 2 small dogs and a great community only 30 mins from Wellington along the West Coast.
5 mins from a lovely village with great amenities. Lots of local walks, rural and sporting activities.
We have kayaks & bikes, which you can use as part of our family.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Rural living, 66% off the grid, strong community connections, all the pressures of 21C life. It can be done (with a little help).
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Lots of projects to choose from:
- Garden tidy (approx 1/2 acre), vege planting, tree and bush -trimming, planting, weeding, lawn-mowing.
- Stone-walling - we have 2 retaining walls we'd like to replace with some nice stone-work.
- Indoor carpentry projects - bespoke crazy shelving, build bespoke blanket boxes, install feet on a sofa.
- Build a garage - or install a pre-built one.
- Help with community service projects through the charity I support.
- Cook, walk dogs, help around home, sports with kids for a "lighter" day :-)
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
Modern self-contained guest-house for your respectful use. Shower room, laundry, 2 bedrooms and fully appointed living/dining/kitchen. Outside patio with cafe table & chairs, water views. A GREAT location.
Shared family meal and time in evening.
Train station 5 mins away , water sports right outside the door, local walks, village with cool cafe, cinema(!!), dairy, beauty salon, bird reserve. Lots of rural activities: horse-riding, cycling, fruit-picking, community fairs, etc etc.
Best to have your own means of transport.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Permanent access to wifi in the accomodation and the dining table is a great work space.
More than two
5 hours a day per person