Hi, this is Nigel & Fede. We live in the East Coast of Taiwan, in a small town called Dulan, next to some beach breaks where surfing is popular but not crowded, and next to amazing nature of this region.
We run beach cafe next to ocean, and we always have a lot of projects going on. Currently we are looking for people to help us in gardening and maintenance tasks. We have an organic garden that we always need a help and there is always other things to do. If you like working with your hands, in nature, this is a good opportunity to learn a lot of different techniques about tropical flora and the lifestyle in the tropics. In addition to gardening tasks, often we do have maintenance and wood-working tasks. We are really active always thinking about new surely your stay will be very diverse in the range of tasks.
An example of tasks that you might be doing is：
- trimming and pruning trees
- cutting grass
- taking care of organic garden (planting, fertilizing, harvesting)
- painting and other maintenance tasks
Also we run a small sailclub in the region, so if you know how to sail or know anything about boat repairs you can also join in that.
From our side we provide:
- accommodation in town a 5 min ride from our working location. We have a double room and a single room. The rooms are simple. There is a common toilet and shower, a fridge and some basic appliances for cooking
- Lunch on helping days
- If you are interested in surfing or kayaking you can use our equipment for free. Depending on your skill level we have a range of surfboards that that you can use
- Transportation. Scooter or bicycle. (must have international driving license)
What we expect
- 4-5 hrs of helpa day. However time is very flexible. Depending on what we are doing every day may involve waking up early and sometimes helping a full day, but then obviously will be compensated with extra time off
- 5-4 days of help per week 2-3 days off, depending on how busy we are and the weather
- preferred stay 1 month
- commitment and enthusiasm . Helping outside can vary from very relaxing to really tiring tasks so you need to be in good physical condition. We do not necessary expect that you already have gardening or other skills, but we will happily teach you.
- We want the person(s) to be friendly, hard-working, responsible and independent.. Spoken Chinese or interest in learning is a plus
Help with Eco project
Learn new skills about gardening, landscaping, maintenance and in general tropical lifestyle
We need people who are friendly, responsible and love nature and the sea. Most of the help is outdoors in the sunny East Coast of Taiwan. We have a wide range of tasks to do, so you can pick according to what you know to do best and what we need at the moment
English, Spanish, Catalan, Chinese, Dutch, Papiamento
Private room for 1 or 2 people. Toilet and hot shower as well. We also provide lunch and a surfboards/kayaks
There are some nature hikes around, mountains and waterfalls.
We are also next to the ocean so you can go surfing or kayaking.
Taiwan has great culture to experience such food markets, aboriginal art, chinese culture...etc
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5hrs a day, 4-5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: