Welcome to our farm.
We are a certified organic farm, focused focused in developing food production models in agroforest systems, systems that regenerates the land, one step forward from the traditional organic farming techniques.
We sell our produce to schools (merenda escolar) which we harvest on Sunday afternoon and send off monday morning. We produce on average 30 varieties of vegetables and we are in the process of implanting about 18 types of fruits, all in agroforest systems.
We are two people full time, Karin and Wellington, 5 dogs, 2 cats, and 30 chickens. We receive on average 1-3 temporary residents (agroforest interns and volunteers that stay up to 12 weeks). Once a month a group of 10-30 comes to the center for agroforest-related courses.
For the adventure-minded, the center is surrounded by lovely hikeable mountains and is 30 minutes bus ride away from beautiful Pedra Bela, São Paulo, and Extrema, Minas Gerais both beautiful regions to visit full of water falls and traditional cultures. The center is 1km away from the small traditional country town called Toledo, MG, a 15 min walk to small shops, and small cozy hang-outs.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Travelers would learn about agroforest food production, learn new recipes using ingredients directly from the garden, and about the traditions in the regions. In addition have a fun time with the interns living at Epicenter Dalva.
We are looking for people with the any of these talents (not all of them, one of them below hehe)
1. Cook. If you like to cook vegetarian/vegan lunchs for small groups of up to 10, this is the place for you. You would be cooking with another volunteer if you wish. You´d be cooking using produce from our organic garden.
2. Wood-crafters/handy-crafters, minor repairs. If you are handy-woman/man, come on over.
3. House Painters. Oh yes, we want our homes to look pretty.
4. Embelishers. Do you like to sow? Make curtains? Make homes and ambients look sweet?
5. Deep Cleaners: If you are a rare find who enjoys deep cleaning, we´d LOVE to have you. You would be leading group cleaning sessions, or cleaning with someone else 1-2 hrs a day (than workin on other things).
6. Working on the land. We have several farm tasks, of course we are an organic farm.
7. Helping set up webiste, etc.
See you soon
French, Portuguese, English, Spanish.
Room in dormitory style. 1-4 people per room. We will have a private chalet soon for those who stay longer.
In the time off you can plant with us, discover new types of food conserves, visit the many waterfalls in the region, read your favorite book, play guitar, ride bikes...
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
6 hours a day, 5 days a week