Favourited 6 times
We are a family of 5 living (plus mum currently in a caravan) on a 7 acre farm in rural Suffolk. We would like help with the farm, family life, house renovations, building projects the garden and more. We run a thatching and gardening business from the farm. We have dogs and chickens and are starting to fence the land to keep goats or sheep.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
We live in rural sufffolk and run a very traditional thatching business from our farm. This is a trade only done in certain areas of the UK and we can show visitors how it is done from harvesting of materials to the finished roof. The area is a traditional rural farming community and has market towns nearby plus a heritage coastline. The house itself is around 400 years old and is full of history.
We would be interested in help with the following:
• fencing the land with stock fencing (particularly interested in people who have experience in fencing or good at physical work and keen to learn as we want to fence the whole 7 acres)
• cutting, pulling and raking thistles
• general gardening
• pruning apple trees and planting hedges in autumn/winter
• cooking and cleaning in the house
• decorating (particularly interested in someone who’s got experience as we have quite a few rooms to paint!)
• childcare of our twins (boys age 4)
• learning Spanish (the whole family)
• home education projects with our daughter aged 12 (particularly art and spanish but help with English and maths would also be good)
A little spanish
Accommodation is in the house with the family in a private room. Meal preparation, cooking and meals are shared with the family.
The closest town is 2 miles away, it has a train station and some buses. Public transport is quite bad and our house is very rural on quite a fast road. The coastline is around 20 mins drive away, the city of Norwich is about 45 mins away and London 3 hours by train. We live in a fairly busy home, often have friends round and the kids can be quite hectic! Saying that the countryside is peaceful and there is enough space for everyone to find a place to be away from everyone if needs be.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week