In our hotel we welcome you to make social impact with your skills!
We are a social enterprise with a hotel in Granada, Nicaragua and one in Oaxaca, Mexico. A hotel with a story. Why? By sleeping in our hotel, conscious travellers support our social mission: breaking the poverty cycle. We invest 75% of our profits in education projects: tutoring in primary school and scholarships for secondary school and university. The other part of our mission is to increase the social and environmental consciousness of our guests. One way to do this is by offering local impact tours, to give them a more profound experience and understanding of the area and her people.
About the our teams:
In Granada we work with around 10 people. And in Oaxaca with around 9. Education specialists, cleaning, managers, bar personnel. The manager is responsible for our daily hotel operations.
The founders are from The Netherlands and live in Holland after having lived in the respective countries for years. Furthermore we have a large group of volunteers and interns that help us with websites, finance, etc.
Help with Eco Projects
Help with Computers/ Internet
- Live in Granada, one of the most beautiful colonial cities in Central America
- Be part of a cross-cultural team
- Practice or improve Spanish/English language skills
- Learn about community and sustainable development and tourism
- Learn about local customs and traditions
Currents projects are in Granada, Nicaragua. If you think you can bring good things in Oaxaca or new to be build hotel in Costa Rica, please reach out to us.
PROJECT I: Marketing and online media of our impact excursions:
We offer our hotel guests local impact tours. Tours that have deep impact on both travellers as well as the local people involved. We have developed a couple of tours, but want to offer more and need to market it mucht better. That's what we need you for!
Timing of the project:
Starting ASAP and at least 1 month so that you can book some results.
Elements of the project:
- Implement management process (administration, finances, planning, etc.)
- Develop marketing material (eg. design flyers [offline and online], social media posts, etc.)
- Set up and execute a promotion strategy (inside and outside the hotel)
- Develop new tours: think of local cooking workshops, visit social and/or local workplaces, cycling tours through poor areas, etc.
You will work together on a daily basis with our general manager. Obviously you have to interact with all our personnel and front desk as well. And check with guests what they think of our trips, promotion etc.
Do you have experience in (product)marketing, (social) media and/or business development? Then you're our guy/girl! The fun part is that you first have to get to know Granada and its culture and from there you can start setting up tours.
Precondition: basic level of spanish.
PROJECT II: Art on the walls
We would like to have art related to education and inspiration on the walls of the hotel rooms. We are very open to your creativity.
First of course you would have to understand what we do. So visit our education projects, interact, understand what goes on and then translate that into awareness and inspiration in the hotel.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a message to motivate why you are the right person with the right experience and skill set.
You can stay in the hotel during your project.
What to do on your days off:
- Get to know Granada, its culture, people and customs
- Meet other travellers
- Learn spanish
- And off course, your collegues will be very happy to show you around and go out to explore!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
5 (25hrs max)