Hi, I am Neža. Living in a place by the forest in a small community of three. We live a simple life and try to bring an old farmhouse back to life. We like delicious homecooked meals with the vegetable from our garden, walks in the nature and just being in the moment.
The house is in a village close to town of Celje. 8 minutes cardrive to highway and well connected with Ljubljana.
- living in the nature
- eating 75% of homegrown food
- learning about other projects that are happening on the place simultaniusly (eco-friendly building with new
inovations, gardening, preserving food)
- learning to live in a moment, without outside schedules
- calming down in a peacefull environment
- experiencing life in a small community
- gaining insight on one's own personal growth and hero's journey
- experiencing slovenian culture
We are searching for someone to help us renovate the attic of the old house. A lot of work has already been done (we removed all the clutter). From the workawayer we would need help with the following tasks:
- putting the new wooden floor
- abraision of old wooden boards
- fixing and painting the walls
- repairing old furniture
- general maintenance if needed
If you enjoy cooking and cutting vegetables, we would gladly accept ypur help with cooking.
A tent which can be put in the shelter of a barn (this provides the optimal privacy). Hot shower outside or inside. Inside and outside kitchen with stoves.
Food: basic 2-3 meals per day are included. You can eat all the meals with us. For individual wishes there is a shop 10 min away with a bike.
The food is vegetarian, also vegan on request.
Breakfast: millet porridge or eggs and vegetables and bread.
Lunch/dinner: potatoes, polenta, with vegetable sauces, pizzas...
Snacks: fruit, sourdough bread...
We are easy-going people and would love someone with good energy that is highly motivated to help us. It is also important that the person is able to organize his free time and spend it on his own. We can offer some options (like cycling, walks in nature, bathing in a creek, doing stuff in the nature), but you would be left to spend some time on your own as well. We would appreciate a person who did similar work in the past. But what is even more important is that you have the will to work and learn something new.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week