We are a foundation established in 2013 - In August that year we started renting a building of an old school with the surrounding area (1,3ha) from the local municipality.
Since then we managed to renovate the school and create a youth project centre here with sleeping rooms, workshop and chill-out rooms, kitchen, bathroom and toilets. Many youth projects were already held here and also some activities for the local community.
We are hosting groups and volunteers from all over the world. Many organizations and non-formal groups have already become our regular guests as they find the space we offer very creative and innovative.
Our organization was established for those major reasons:
- to promote simple and ecological way of life,
- to make space for creative ecological and social solutions,
- to develop the local community by offering them space and opportunity to boraden their horizons, and also give them work
- to work with the local youth and children
- to be a meeting place for international projects.
We have a permaculture garden. A green space for both visual and practical purposes arranged and sustained according to nature without the use of chemical fertilizers. The garden includes vegetables, herbs and green architechture such as willow arbour.
The Foundation is also area of innovative ecological solutions that can be spread throughout the society. We want to offer space for workshops on such ideas as home made sollar collector, rocket mass heater, green architechture, etc.
An important element of the Foundation activities are trainings and workshops. We want them to be unusual, interesting and creative with the use of non-formal education methods that we specialize in. Also, our workshops teach about tolerance and openness, promote anti-consumerist lifestyle that focus more on nature and its value for human beings.
The main target group activities is youth, local and international. We want to give the local community an opportunity to meet with representatives of various European and world cultures, to learn foreign languages and be inspired by youth from all over the world.
The philosophy of the foundation is strongly connected with the idea of sustainability. We believe that the environment protection is effective only if it is applied to all areas of life. An important part of our philosophy is the power of cooperation instead of competition. One of our long-term goals is to create a small sustainable community with people who find our philosophy and way of life similar to ours.
At this moment the place is occupied by long-term volunteers and the volunteering coordinator. We have one big, playful dog who will appreciate playing, running and some affection :)
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
We offer volunteers knowledge and skills such as:
- skills in gardening,
- skills in handcraft work: furniture renovation, working with wood, upcyling,
- making and baking bread, smoking food products, making home-made preserves, etc.
- working and living in a small community,
- working with youth and children from rural areas,
- knowledge and methods of leading workshops,
- skills in public speaking,
- knowledge of organizing international projects, such as youth exchanges,
- knowledge in organizing events such as small festivals, outdoor cinema, etc.
- working in international environment,
- understanding the ideas of sustainable development, responsible consumerism, resource distribution and ecological solutions in everyday life.
The building and the area around are in need for further activity.
We need help with the finishing chores inside, including:
- painting walls, also with artistic design,
- making small pieces of furniture from wood,
- renovating old furniture,
- other forms of finishing work,
- mowing grass,
- planting vegetables and flowers and taking care of them,
- organizing the outside area,
- preparing natural fence (from willow or other plants),
- cooking and bread baking
- upcycling workshops (paper baskets, jar lanterns, etc),
- making natural household chemicals (washing liquids, air fresheners, cleaning liquids, etc.)
Working with local community (optional):
- organizing English language workshops for local youth and children,
- organizing creative workshops for the locals (upcycling, etc.)
We are flexible in our work, so we encourage volunteers to introduce their own initiatives, as long as they are consistent with the Foundation's mission and vision.
The volunteers will be accommodated in the rooms in the school area. The rooms are shared, according to the number of volunteers hosted at one time the rooms will be shared by maximum 3 person. Gender separation will be introduced if the volunteers will want to.
The bathroom and toilets are available in a separate room, shared for men and women.
The kitchen is also available (with fridge). The volunteers in exchange with the hosts will cook meals for all using products provided by the hosts. There is also an outside ceramic stove, available for cooking in warm seasons, also for bread making and smoking (cooking).
Volunteers can spend their free time as they wish. There is not much happeing in Klimontow, but the village is well-connected with 3 big citites: Krakow (1h by train), Kielce (1h by train), Katowice (2,5h by train). The closest city (small) is situated 7 km away. The village is surrounded by beautiful area for walking and biking. The foundation has two bikes for use also by volunteers.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week