We are located 1.5 hours to the west from Bogotá, in a nice and peaceful piece of terrain about 1400m2 at an altitude of 1500ms (drifting in between 23-26c degrees usually). We deeply believe and work, in accordance with the call of the times and the process the whole earth community is going through.
This a simple rural living project that is on its first footsteps, where the main focus or aim, is in the pedagogy and development of a space dedicated to embody and replicate cohesive sustainable biosystems. We kindly ask for your support to help us establish an agricultural system based on the understanding of food forests and permaculture design, your help is deeply appreciated.
We are Nathalia, baby Zoe, and David. We've been on this journey for some time, living in many places and being volunteers ourselves for many years in the past. Now the project is of our own, where beautiful streams of learning and fruitful experiences can be replicated towards sustainability and the art of 'good living and sharing' peacefully. Certainly, a place to inoculate new practical ideas and offer hands-on experiences working with nature, food forest, keyline design, natural building, ferments, mushrooms, compost, and basically sharing and being.
There's going to be workshops every now and then in the future, and different activities on the same theme, related to permaculture design, biofertilizer&compost making, mushroom cultivation, keyline and waterworks, natural building with guadua, clay, and other techniques... etc, etc.... etc. We are open to new ideas, and of course, your ineffable swag.
We are very happy to be able to share this beautiful place, our river, and our culture with you!
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Basically we offer a space where our fellow brothers and sisters from all parts of the world, can feel welcome to take it easy and benefit from their stay, to cultivate deeply in their arts brought and the light uniquely expressed through their being.
We offer our hearts and all the good things there are to share :
- a positive and familiar atmosphere, a warm and cosy place to stay,
- awesome cooking to be slobbered over? (local&world-fusión), as well the freedom to bring your own style.
- a river right in the property to delight on,
- experience in organic agriculture, design, mushroom cultivation and other themes related
- new stuff, ideas and stories to be told...
- a space to be and tune into truth/Self, make music and jam =)
- In our community, our neighbors do offer yajé (ayaguasca) ceremonies every now and then when taita from Putumayo comes (about 1 toma per month)..
- Puedes practicar tu español todo lo que quieras (spanish conversations&practice)
- Nature walks
- Shiatsu Therapy and Chi Kung practice daily.
- Playing futbol (soccer) or dancing is definitely allowed, and other suggestions are always welcomed.
- Sightseeing los nevados (Nevado del Ruiz, N. del Tolima), Alto de La Tribuna, paramos, salto de los micos (Villeta), and pretty close to other Gualiva-province points of interest like Villeta, Tobia, Útica, Nimaima, Vergara, San Francisco, and Supatá (El Tablón). .. things like canoing, rafting, canopy, waterfalls, and other activities, mountain hikes, forests, lakes and waterfalls are there to be discovered. We can either go with you or give you hints ;)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️There is certainly, cultural exchange and language practice involved in all of them.
The help we hope to find is basically the one that springs from your heart, that is in the willingness to be of service in whatever way you can (you can get very creative on this). We are flexible in the type of help you can provide according to your capacities and experience, but basically sweet bros and sisters willing to work with the Earth and themselves genunely.
Our initiative is located in a piece of terrain, in which besides the bamboo cabin, it's still pretty much undeveloped and things are just beginning around here. In the meantime we'll be touching up the cabin, be doing paths and waterworks, planting fruit trees, seeding, weeding/mulching, etc...
The help we are looking to specifically find, would be:
- House maintenance
- Gardening and farmwork in general
- Natural Building
You can stay for as little or long that you like, although a decent amount of time would be nice (at least a week or two).
Some examples of what we have in the following months:
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Wood work and touching up here n there the cabin, kitchen,etc (wood and guadua)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Setting up a garden from scratch, doing some raised beds as well
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Seedlings, sowing maize, legumes, and planting awaiting fruit trees
* Natural building: bath&shower structure
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Making a dam to supply our crops, and as well provide a nice natural pool.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Pond system (biofilter for greywater).
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Help in general and taking it easy at the same time. Cadence in life is essential.
In the moment, we can offer a guadua-cabin that you can use to spend the night, whether in a hammock or on a mattress. There's a kitchen in the cabin. We kindly ask for your understanding since the space may be shared at a given time with other fellows from the road.
Camping and cooking outside are also possible.
Due to our conditions, this what we can offer at the moment but is prone to change soon as time goes on.
Besides accommodation, we provide food nourishment as well, the three meals, and wi-fi (*)
In your time off, you can relax, practice, study, take a swim in the river, sunbath, play music, read, write, sleep, walk around the area, get to know the community and practice some Spanish? People around are very nice and friendly, and the area is pretty safe. Visit other areas of interest (previously mentioned).
We are always happy to welcome you and offer a place that you can call home for a little while.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Around 5 hours a day, 5 days a week