Hi ! I'm Florent and I run a genuine watermill in the Loire Valley. I live with my partner Frederic in the old miller house dating from 1666.
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
We are looking for an english speaking volonteer to teach English to Frederic. And of course, we can teach you French, how to work with "tuffeau" (the local stone), how to make bread or "fouées" (a local speciality) etc.
I am looking for an english speaking help to support me with:
- restoring the gear room in the watermill;
- creating a garden close to the mill ;
- gardening ;
- painting doors and windows...
- different little works to do around the mill...
- and give english lessons to my bf Frederic !
Our helper's room will be available soon.
The person should also take care of his place and clean the room before leaving.
I provide meals but you’ll be really welcome if you have cooking skills !
I offer also:
- free internet access (only if you bring your PC with you);
- minimum stay : 1 week, maximum : as long as you enjoy the place !! (the record to beat is 28 months !!);
- 25 hours per week with usually 2 or 3 days off.
I speak English, Spanish and French of course.
Another thing : I'm gay and live with my boyfriend Frederic so the helpers staying with us have to be ok with that. No homophobia in my mill !!! :-)
The place is a non-smoking area so if you have decided to quit smoking, you're very welcome :-) We can help you !!
english, spanish, french
The accomodation I can offer you is a room with a king size bed and private bathroom.
The mill is 4 km from Gennes reached by bus, 5 km from the Loire banks where we usually spend our sunny summer late afternoons sunbathing, swimming and making barbecues.
We live in the Loire Valley, so there are many things to do and see around here (chateaux, vinyard, troglodytes, festivals...)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week