We are a small family of three in the process of setting up a small farm.
Ida (36) is a herbalist and works with teaching about plant medicine and runs her own course in plantmedicine at a school nerby.
Daniel (38) builds log houses and is a former forest activist.that besides running around and working at the farm also is a parttime fireman from home.
Ester is 18 months old and is a very curious, cozy and loveable little soul.
Before moving to our own farm we lived at another farm nearby and grew vegetables for household needs and helped out with the animals there.
Projects this summer:
We recently bought a farm with 3 hectars of land surrounding the house (and some hectars of forrest nearby) and have a lot of plans and inspiration of what we like to create there.
With a little kiddo most often occupying at least one of us we miss being more people at the farm to make the work more fun and easy, and perhaps more inspiring to.
We also have a few different houses/cottages wich makes it possible.
We have hens and 9 sheeps.
Different things we like to create in spring/summer/fall of 2021 is:
- A herbal garden, design, planting, cultivating, preparing, harvesting- this is one of the major projects of may/june 2021 and we want to have two volonteers that want to dedicate their stay to the herbal garden. The tasks is digging, building beds, designing, planting, cultivating, taking care of and other stuff for finishing the garden in the spring/early summer.
- An outdoor kitchen.-buildning and designing -Project of summer 2021
- A vegetable garden for beeing selfsufficient on vegetables all year around- alot of work here is to be done.
- Some buildning and renovation of different buildings- like building new stair
There is also a lot of other smaller projects alongside those above and also some general maintanance like cutting grass, cleaning, painting, cooking, picking berries/mushroom, sorting and tidying stuff from the recent owners etc.
We are social people and before getting into this settling down/family/house project we both have been travelling alot, living in different places and trying different lifestyles.
So to have workaways also is a way to bring the world to us and to satisfy our free spirits.
We like to eat together at least one meal a day and cooking could be part of the day sometimes (for those who is comfortable with that).
The community in our village is a very vivid and creative collection of induviduals. There is a lot going on and we have a rich social life that the volonteers easily can take part in.
There are many concerts, a cinema, handcraftevenings, fleamarkets, cafés, farmersmarkets and other things organized by people in the village.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Besides being a very beautifully located village along the river, Näsåker is a hub of an alternative community. Many people have moved here by ideological reasons. Many grow there own vegetables, are downshiftning, trying to live a simpler life without excessive consuming. This started already in the 70th so young and old in the alternative comunity share the same visions.
Näsåker is also a cultural place and the provider of a big famous worldmusic festival in august.
Due to our rich communitylife many concerts are beeing organised even in beetwen the festival.
Näsåker is also a famous historical site, wich in the summer attracts many tourists.
Nämforsen in Ångermanälven has one of Northern Europe's biggest and most distinctive rock carvings of the approximately 2,300 rock images that were carved in stone right next to the rushing rapids.
The oldest have been made for over 6000 years ago
The nature is stunning and some part of the river offers magical places where you can go swim in the waterfalls, we will bring you there ( Ida loves it and use to go there often)
Some experience or knowledge of gardening or buildning is of course very welcomed, but not at all a must. The help that is needed is so various that it can suit many different people with different skills or experiences (or not so much experience).
For example, hanging out with our little kiddo one day when we are working, is as much help as digging in the garden or bulding on the outdoor kitchen.
We think that will and curiosity is very good skill for persons staing at our place.
Since we ourselves are learing by doing when it comes to renovation/constructing, a person with knowledge of constructing will have extra much to offer us 😊
There are several options for accommodation for the volonteers and were you stay depends on your preferences or if there are more volonters/guests at the same time. The houses are close to eachother.
Those are the options:
- One house with 3 bedrooms and one kitchen (outdoor toilet and shower/sauna in a separate showerhouse.) This is a guesthouse and not used by us and from the bedroom upstairs the wiev is amazing (and from the kitchen to).
* Note* In the summer of 2021 the downfloor will be used by a friendfamily that are going to live with us for the summer. The upper floor is still an option.
- A small loghouse with a loft. Its equiped so you can do some easy cooking with a refridgerator, a small owen and a microwave. (outdoor toilet and shower/sauna in a separate showerhouse.) You can use a full kitchen in the bigger house. Wonderful view!
- Idas herbalcottage- this will be used if there aren´t enough room in the two options above. It´s a cosy little cottage with alot of herbalbooks and other stuff. There is a workingdesk and a table in one room, and a bed in one room. Kitchen will be used in one of the bigger houses. (outdoor toilet and shower/sauna in a separate showerhouse.)
Our plan is to organize the cooking toghether with the volonteers so we can suit all needs. Ideal wood be that we circulate with cooking but plan it toghether so we can make sure all ingredients are availible. If someone doesn´t like to cook its not a must.
By the summer 2020 we will have fiber and good internetacces at the farm.
We are easy going and social people and our lifestyle is quite dynamic.
If you live with us you can expect friends and family coming to visit us every now and then, that plans sometimes changes and that sponatanius activitys happens quite often.
We appriciate taking coffiebreaks and chill out and at the same time we like to really engage in a project.
You will most likely be invited to join us for things in the freetime but we respect if you just feel like chilling out or going off on your own.
We have a car and if its possible (if you have licens+we are not using it) you can use it to get to places nearby.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host can provide space for campervans.
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: