Favourited 1 times
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE FOR 2020. From January or later.
We provide private room+ bathroom shared with the girls, full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
We are a family living in Ciudad Real, in the centre of Spain. We have two children, Alicia aged 7 and Nadia aged 5. My husband is vegetarian but the rest of the family isn't. We love being outdoors and practicing sports.
The volunteer must communicate always in English to the children and children change from a language to another when talking to mum, dad or the volunteer.
We are a friendly well travelled family, we´ve visited most European countries and some in Asia, Oceania and America.
We are looking for an enthusiast and open-minded friendly person who likes discovering other cultures and enjoys spending time with kids, doing anything from reading books to fun games and crafts, so they can learn English at the same time that they enjoy. We rather prefer an active person who likes outdoors activities!
If you have some experience teaching English this is a plus. Both of the girls love crafts and playing outdoors, so if you like these activities you can enjoy together and also teach them your hobbies.
You are welcome to share family meals with us and we are flexible about working hours: we are happy to reach arrangements that would suit both parties.
This job includes some help at home, we expect you to help with laundry , washing dishes and leaving kitchen tidy after the meals, as the children do. And also that you take the children to school in the mornings.
We will be glad to welcome you into our home and family, a room is available for you and a shared bathroom with the children. We want you to be comfortable, like a true member of the family.
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
If you are interested in taking Spanish lessons let me know I´ll pass you a private teacher´s phone number who proposes cheaper rates.
In the common garden (in summer time) you will have the opportunity to meet our friendly neighbours, all of them are Spanish speakers. The University is close to us, if you are interested you can meet young people of your similar age.
The girls can read histories in Spanish for you.
You will taste our Spanish cuisine and also vegetarian food.
You can join our sport activities : running, walking in the nature, swimming and yoga.
Just let us know your interestes and we will try to help you as much as possible.
You will have enough free time to explore the area, enjoy this beautiful country and can go sightseeing around.
We need a helper to be some hours with the kids, basically playing with them, they like outdoors activities in the garden and swimming pool (Spring/Summer) , but also constructions, painting, crafts, origami... Also some hours teaching/tutoring English and reading books to both of them. You will leave the kitchen clean after your meals with the kids and bring the trash to the containers located in the street. If you can cook that is great as we like to taste different cuisines.
Some tips on how we can make this a successful and enriching experience :
1. Be open and communicate. Don't stay alone the full day locked out in your room. If you are tired and want to rest or are not feeling well please inform us, otherwise we don’t know if you are bored or what is going on. When we offer you to participate in activities you can either accept or say no, up to you, don’t feel forced to be with us in your spare time. We understand you are autonomous and you are able to take care of yourself. Be aware that it might take some time to get used to each other, not just for you but also for us and our children. Be interested in the activities the children do, what they eat as snack when coming from school…In case you do not get along with us or there’s an issue that bothers please talk to us.
2. Attend the family meals. Food brings people together – it’s a great social lubricant across cultures. Try to be at home for the meals and help set the table or do the dishes. It’s better to discuss culinary preferences or dietary restrictions rather than just don’t eat what we cook. If you know how to cook, feel free to prepare something from your home country.
3. Respect the schedule. Try to respect our schedules. If you are not home for meals or activities please let us know ahead of time. Even though we are not your parents, we still worry about you.
4. Accept the differences. You will probably have to get used to different food, to new ways of folding laundry, and to house rules that are not the same as back home. Remember: different, new, and not the same don’t have to mean bad. Things are done in other ways around the world and as long as everything works, this is a good thing and part of the learning experience.
5. Mind your manners. You do not live in a hotel and I am not your maid. Keep your room and bathroom clean please. Do not invite friends without asking.
Spanish, English, a bit of French and a bit of German
We live in a 3 bedroom appartment.
The complex consisting of 128 apartments has a common garden, a playground, a tennis court and swiming pool.
You will have your own bedroom and sharing bathroom.
We provide 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Ciudad Real is the capital of the province and it is less than one hour far from Madrid.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours a day, 5 days a week