*️️️️*️️️️*️️️️We are looking for people to help with, among other things, a building project - so anyone who is strong and not afraid of getting dirty is very welcome! *️️️️*️️️️*️️️️
Hello there! We are looking for volunteers with lots of drive, energy and common sense who have a love of adventure, nature and the outdoors to work alongside us helping with a variety of tasks that include building, gardening, cleaning, painting etc.. We ask that you have done outdoor work before so you know you like it and aren't afraid of getting dirty! A love of animals is essential. Anyone who enjoys cleaning, housekeeping and organising in any way is also very welcome :)
We have a beautiful, rural two hectare organic finca near the Spanish town of La Codosera but bordering the Portuguese nature reserve of the Serra Sâo Mamede, where we, Becky and Martin, are developing a self sufficient lifestyle. We have a small vineyard, 200 olive trees, a flourishing fruit orchard, a large vegetable allotment and various flower gardens as well as a selection of mildly eccentric but adorable pets. We are currently renovating and restoring our old farmhouse and outbuildings.
Our ideal volunteers would:
- be happy to live off the beaten track (although we do have a restaurant/bar down the road)
- comfortable with dogs and cats and enjoy taking the dogs for a walk
- be prepared to help with approximately 5 hours of tasks 5 days a week
- be proactive and helpful around the house, especially around meal times
What we offer:
- a dry, comfortable and spacious home
- a lovely room with a double bed or caravan for those who prefer...
- good, fast internet access
- friendly, welcoming hosts
- tasty, generous, vegetarian meals (meat eaters, please don't be put off...almost all our previous volunteers have not been vegetarian, but as you can see from our reviews, all went away happy!)
- space so you can be left in peace if you want
- regular tea breaks!
- flexibility with your working hours
In your free time you can explore this beautiful region, or just hang out round our springwater swimming pool (from April-November) The finca is fairly remote but there are beautiful walks and cycle routes (we have spare bikes) straight out the back door into the gorgeous Serra Sao Mamede and there are many natural swimming pools and amazing sites less than 30 minutes drive away (incl. the world heritage towns of Marvao and Castelo de Vide in Portugal and many prehistoric sites spread all around the area). We are always happy to take you to see these places.
For more information please contact us directly. We speak Spanish, Portuguese, French and German as well as English and look forward to welcoming you to our home.
Help in the house
Tasks can include:
• Building, laying paths, building walls etc.
• Developing the vegetable allotment and herb gardens.
• General land maintenance (strimming, clearing, pruning, weeding etc.).
• Helping out with cooking and house work
• Occasional house and pet sitting
• Refurbishing out-buildings
• Renovating original stone house
• Water/ Irrigation management
We are fairly new to organic farming but the land was organically farmed for over 5 years by the previous owners so we have had a good head start. We are interested in sharing and exchanging good practices with volunteers in order to create a well-balanced organic, self-sufficient homestead.
We prefer couples or pairs of friends, rather than single volunteers, as we are very remote and do not like to leave people here on their own on the occasions when we are absent for work etc. This way you also have a companion to work alongside.
We have good, fast Wifi...
Our life here is simple, relaxed and comfortable - perfect for volunteers who enjoy nature, walking and the good life....
Please only apply if you are animal lovers!
English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German
We have a double bedroom available for volunteers. Or a caravan at the top of the garden with beautiful views for those who want to be a little more in touch with nature :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
25 hours a week - flexible times
My Photo Album