From: United Kingdom
01/04/2019 - 30/06/2019
Let me introduce myself...
Most people call me Maggy.
I was born and raised in Austrias capital Vienna, so officially I'm a city girl, but(!) I have always had a heart for nature and getting my hands dirty.
Finished high School two years ago and have been studying at university since, but haven't quite found my way yet.
I'm a very down-to-earth, relaxed and curious person with a (from my point of view) great humor and a big heart. Music flows through my veins as I've been playing the cello since the age of 7 and still love making music to this day, alone but especially in group formations (last year I started to learn about improvising, jazz and world music, it's a whole new world!). I'm also a more or less decent singer and looove singing together with other People :) Also enjoy concerts very much.
Other than that I'm quite the movie nerd and obsessed with reaading and writing my thoughts down. What else...
I started getting really interested in veganism and am approaching a vegan lifestyle, but during my travels I'm not going to be too strict about my diet(, in case this is problematic for you).
Recently I somehow became quite passionate about drinking coffee, and intrigued by how to make good coffee etc.
I'm a bit introverted, in the sense that I need time for myself to charge energy in between, but that doesn't interfere much with my love for meeting new people and participating in social activities (I might be the more quiet one at the table though, or the one that leaves a bit early ;))!
Since a few years I am longing for the freedom, independence and adventure one can only find while traveling.
That's one of the reasons why I decided to take a break from uni since August '18 and go abroad.
Since then I've been living and working hard in a community near Aberdeen, Scotland, for people with disabilities (in February '19 it will be 6 months). This has been an amazing enriching experience so far, which made me grow a lot, but as for now, I'm ready for a new adventure...
and what's a better way to travel than with Workaway?
I'm very excited and eager to learn, to work hard, and to meet you! :))) - Maggy
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
- Gardening/farm experience (I went to Sweden for a month in 2016 with Wwoof and worked in the garden, on the farm and on a farmer's market. I also took part in building a green house there. As I went to a waldorf school we had gardening as a subject in school.)
- child care (I have already looked after children of different ages, from the age of 1 to the age of 9, I have quite some experience)
- care work for people with disabilities (as I have been volunteering in a community for 8 months)
- Training in First Aid and Epilepsy
- Cooking, baking (also very interested in veganism)
- basic skills in customer service, as I worked in a bookshop for a year
- gastronomy experience
- Musical skills (singing, playing the cello, also can pull of a few chords on the guitar/Ukulele ;))
French, German, English
Special dietary requirements